Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF- Peeled or Unpeeled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, new owner of Model 3, and about to take delivery of X. I am going to PPF both with DIY kits, but in the ordering process came across peeled or unpeeled. Can someone answer the question of the difference and why I would choose one or the other? Also for the 3, I am considering one of the less expensive options in case I mess it up and just because$$. Can someone comment on why or why not to do that? I understand yellowing in a couple of years and then I’d replace. Any help appreciated?

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
Hi, new owner of Model 3, and about to take delivery of X. I am going to PPF both with DIY kits, but in the ordering process came across peeled or unpeeled. Can someone answer the question of the difference and why I would choose one or the other? Also for the 3, I am considering one of the less expensive options in case I mess it up and just because$$. Can someone comment on why or why not to do that? I understand yellowing in a couple of years and then I’d replace. Any help appreciated?
The vendor you buy from should tell you for sure, but from a quick google, peeled simply means they peel off the excess PPF that is not part of the pattern, and unpeeled means they don't:
713C4nQuMhL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/BOGAR-TECH-DESIGNS-Protection-Compatible/dp/B09VB4MNHC?th=1

If it were my choice, I would choose unpeeled especially if it's the same price. With unpeeled you get some scrap PPF that can be used for smaller areas (and things like HOV stickers if you have them) and perhaps areas you make a mistake, if the scrap piece is big enough.

I would start with the flatter pieces, like hood, doors, rockers, then using that experience do the curvier bits like the fenders and bumpers. Also, the large pieces, it's nice to have someone help hold it. For the curvy bumper, budget plenty of time, because you'll need lots of patience.

The vendor you buy from should tell you for sure, but from a quick google, peeled simply means they peel off the excess PPF that is not part of the pattern, and unpeeled means they don't:
713C4nQuMhL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/BOGAR-TECH-DESIGNS-Protection-Compatible/dp/B09VB4MNHC?th=1

If it were my choice, I would choose unpeeled especially if it's the same price. With unpeeled you get some scrap PPF that can be used for smaller areas (and things like HOV stickers if you have them) and perhaps areas you make a mistake, if the scrap piece is big enough.
Thank you, surprised I couldn’t find that and so agree, the extra pieces may com in handy.