Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had my MY PPF wrap the front and mirrors. It looks great. Since the rockers are plastic, I decided not to do the lower part of the doors. Should I get them done both front and back doors for a few hundreds more?
IMO, yes. I pick up my MY tomorrow & dropping it on Monday for full PPF & ceramic coating on top of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm picking up my MY Saturday and called a few installers for quotes...here is my dilemma

Quote 1 - PPF full front + rockers ($2250), 7yr warrenty Ceramic coating including paint correction ($1300) - total $3550
Quote 2 - PPF full front ($1600) + rockers ($300), ceramic coating included paint correction ($1500) - total $3400
Quote 3 - PPF full front + rockers, ceramic coating including paint correction - package deal total $3000

My biggest issue is that I don't know the warranty of the coating for quotes 2 & 3, I don't know the individual break down of services for quote 3. The reputations are Q2 well known & works out of established shop, Q1 not as well known & works out of pop-up aluminum storage shack on side of road, Q3 unknown and usually travels to where the work is...

I like the lower cost aspect but I also dread the "you get what you pay for" side of things.

so....what is the opinion of the TMC hive?