Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF questions. sorry, newb

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi all

soon to be new owner (LA) who is leaning towards getting full ppf wrap and doing the research and comparing costs is 🤯🤯.
as far as quality goes would appreciate some insight:

- will most places do a full body prep (wash, clay, etc)?
-will they take off all parts to get every exposed edge/surface (head/tail lights, ??, etc)
-the range is price is extremely varied. i’ve heard anywhere from 3500-7000. is this still the case?
-does ppf still turn yellow if parked in the sun most of its life

any recommendations and prices paid would be appreciated. thank you in advance.

-all places will wash the car, if they have to do any paint correction it will be extra. The paint correction shouldnt be too much of an issue if you plan on going to colored PPF route.
-they'll take off all parts that wont allow them to curve around the edge properly.
-yea the price range is pretty drastic. I've been calling around to wrap my vehicle with stek dynagrey(nardogrey ppf) and i've had prices from 5500 all the way up to 11k.
-the discoloration will come down to the quality of film and the maintenance. make sure you get a good quality film backed up by a good warranty.

not done yet, i'm waiting for the end of the month when i'm on vacation from work. Yea the one shop that quoted me 11k for full colored PPF quoted me 8k for clear PPF the entire car. PPF is one of those things that its not just the quality of the film but also the quality of the installer.

Reactions: teabone
not done yet, i'm waiting for the end of the month when i'm on vacation from work. Yea the one shop that quoted me 11k for full colored PPF quoted me 8k for clear PPF the entire car. PPF is one of those things that its not just the quality of the film but also the quality of the installer.
Omg dude, 8K for clear PPF? Last year when I had Elite Clear Bra in HB do our MYP, paid 1800 for full front clear PPF Xpel. They said it would be 3k-3.5K for full body clear PPF, and more for colored.

- will most places do a full body prep (wash, clay, etc)?

Wash and clay yes, paint correction depending on quality of paint may be needed

-will they take off all parts to get every exposed edge/surface (head/tail lights, ??, etc)

Depends on the price, for 3-4k, probably not. They'll leave on bumpers, have bumper in two pieces, not ppf behind camera etc since all of it is laser cut templates. Higher end like 6-8k I'd expect them to do bumper one piece, ppf behind camera and other "small" details really well

-the range is price is extremely varied. i’ve heard anywhere from 3500-7000. is this still the case?

Yes, depends on installer experience and if they use templates or not

-does ppf still turn yellow if parked in the sun most of its life

It'll eventually yellow, but there are different "tiers" of PPF that give different length warranties. More expensive ones are 10-12 year warranty against yellowing