Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF - Rear Fenders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,
Newbie here. Took delivery of Model Y on May 31 and it looks like it already has Rear Fender PPF installed..Am I looking at it wrong and still need to buy and install them myself?

Also, besides the front mud flaps do I need to install anything else to make it last longer?
Thanks
AJ

Full PPF will beautifully protect your investment, albeit expensive. I used Expel all around. Installers are equally important. I also had GTechniq ceramic applied.

For maintenance, I use ONR wash. It cleans easily, and there are no suds. I can wash Vader (black/black MYLR) inside the garage.

Congrats!
Enjoy!

Hello all,
Newbie here. Took delivery of Model Y on May 31 and it looks like it already has Rear Fender PPF installed..Am I looking at it wrong and still need to buy and install them myself?

Also, besides the front mud flaps do I need to install anything else to make it last longer?
Thanks
a
I'm going on 15 months of ownership now -- besides putting on front mud flaps and PPF on the back doors -- it has shown no visible signs of damage. Full paint protection --- ??? I've got to use my car -- not baby it. YMMV

I'm going on 15 months of ownership now -- besides putting on front mud flaps and PPF on the back doors -- it has shown no visible signs of damage. Full paint protection --- ??? I've got to use my car -- not baby it. YMMV
Same here, my MYP is my daily, not a show car. Came with front flaps and rear quarter PPF. I added two coats of Avalon King DIY ceramic (under $75 all in) and it came out great. My DIY ceramic looks better than my wife's Q5 that had a professional $1000 ceramic job applied.

MYP.jpeg

Hello all,

Thanks
AJ
There are a few threads here which debate the usefulness of PPF vs. just repainting car after a while. In my case, I acquired quite a few rock chips within the first 3 months of ownership as well as rock impact craters on car’s front fascia. But perhaps I’m just cursed. I chose to get full body Stek brand PPF. Makes the car easier to clean too.
95C32762-BF89-4ADE-B4DA-0A001A55029C.jpeg

Attachments

• 9EC6E2C4-4239-40E1-9086-1446137FCBA2.jpeg
    9EC6E2C4-4239-40E1-9086-1446137FCBA2.jpeg
    543.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Full PPF will beautifully protect your investment, albeit expensive. I used Expel all around. Installers are equally important. I also had GTechniq ceramic applied.

For maintenance, I use ONR wash. It cleans easily, and there are no suds. I can wash Vader (black/black MYLR) inside the garage.

Congrats!
Enjoy!
Cars are not investments and PPF wont add any value to it. Waste of money. I can see a DIY on the front end dfor a few hundred but not several grand to do an entire car.

Cars are not investments and PPF wont add any value to it. Waste of money. I can see a DIY on the front end dfor a few hundred but not several grand to do an entire car.
I got a rock chip on the top area behind rear passenger doors above the door handles. Even I didn’t think that area was susceptible. Oh and that time someone at a tesla car meet thought it was ok to lean on my car while chatting to other people (I was away getting coffee and talking) and the metal studs on their jeans scratched up the paint. They were elderly so I refrained from being too harsh on them when I returned. My detail shop buffed the scratch out. The PPF would have been scratched and self healed later. Last week my wife opened the door against a stone. PPF got scraped but no paint damage. The ensuing heat caused PPF to self heal nicely. To each their own. This is the last new car I will buy if I ever get another it’ll be used so one reason I went with PPF.

Last edited:
Reactions: akidesir
I got rock chips on the top areas behind rear passenger doors. Oh and that time someone at a tesla car meet thought it was ok to lean on my car while chatting to other people (I was away getting coffee and talking) and the metal studs on their jeans scratched up the paint. The PPF would have been scratched and self healed later. Last week my wife opened the door against a stone. PPF got scraped but no paint damage. The ensuing heat caused PPF to self heal nicely. To each their own. This is the last new car I will buy if I ever get another it’ll be used so one reason I went with PPF.
All of those issues would depreciate your car by basically nothing and cost a fraction of what you spent on it to fix it. Waste of money and you wont get a return on your investment. Its your car and money so you do you, I will choose not to spend several thousand dollars on something that does basically nothing.