Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF Recommedations - Central Valley or East Bay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am interested in a front of the car package not looking to wrap the whole car. After some research it seems Xpel Ultimate looks good but I don't know.

Any recommendations on a vendor or brand? I did get an estimate of about $1800 for the front end which includes the hood, front bumper, lights, both fenders, and mirrors, clay bar, and paint correction so I don't know if this is a good price for the Central Valley. I have heard that the quality of the install is probably the most important factor.

I appreciate your feedback :cool:

East Bay suggestion near the Telsa factory would be OC Detailing in Fremont. Joe's done a lot of Teslas and Model 3s specifically. They use to be open 6 days a week but not sure if they are still open on Saturdays or not.

We had our MS custom wrapped with Xpel Ultimate (over on Peninsula by SSCustoms--out of your search area--but great job) and are very happy with the film. It's one of their thicker films and has already saved our paint twice now. And yes, I would say the installer is as important if not more important than the film.

Last edited:
Most shops I've contacted in the East Bay varied between $1700-$2000. I think the quality of work and work experience will matter the most with a lot of shops pricing out in the same range. Might get lower rates outside of the bay area.

Quality Auto Glass Window Tint – 3M window tint shop offering car window tinting, residential window tinting, Commercial window tinting, 3M paint protection, Auto Glass replacements, and Car Alarm installations in the city of Modesto, CA. In Salida

$1500 For Xpel. front end which includes the hood, front bumper, lights, both fenders, mirrors, clay bar, door edges, trunk bumper shelf A pillars, and paint correction , door edges, trunk bumper shelf and A pillars

I was happy with them.
Thanks

@mobilesuit818

Is my interpretation correct?

To get the $300 rebate for Ultra, I need to get the full PPF ($4500)

My total would then be: $4500 (PPF) + $1520 (Ceramic) - $300 = $5720

Rebate only applies for Full Packages, meaning Tint, Ceramic, PPF, Chrome Delete, etc

Full PPF is overkill, even more so with the ceramic coating, IMHO.
Save yourself some money, get the Full Frontal PPF with luggage, door handles, and strip on the lower fender wells...

Even if you piece meal the services, the prices are pretty good and the service is even better.

@SMAlset How much did it cost?

We did a full body wrap with wrapped edges but on a Model S. They did paint correction and clay bar. Very pleased with the outcome and could tell we had experts doing the wrap work. No issues afterwards. Went and saw their work before hand. When we get closer to delivery on our Model 3 will probably check out 2 locations that we feel feel good about their work. Like with our Model S which was delivered to the Palo Alto Srvc Center, we’d prefer to drive the Model 3 as few miles as possible before getting it wrapped, so less paint correction needed for road chips picked up driving there. Had 1 chip on our MS driving something like 6 miles. :( Do call around for pricing, go to the installers and see their work ahead of time. You’ll feel better about your decision while you wait for it to be ready. The wait seems as long as waiting for the car to be produced!

Last edited: