TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

PPF Recommedations - Central Valley or East Bay

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by daver6640, Jul 30, 2018.

1. daver6640

daver6640 Member

I am interested in a front of the car package not looking to wrap the whole car. After some research it seems Xpel Ultimate looks good but I don't know.

Any recommendations on a vendor or brand? I did get an estimate of about $1800 for the front end which includes the hood, front bumper, lights, both fenders, and mirrors, clay bar, and paint correction so I don't know if this is a good price for the Central Valley. I have heard that the quality of the install is probably the most important factor.

I appreciate your feedback :cool:

2. Clubhops10

Clubhops10 Member

I am also looking for some options in the Central Valley. Have not found any good options and considering bay area or socal. $1,800 seems high as socal is around $1,500 and the bay area is about the same.

3. daver6640

daver6640 Member

Anyone??

LOL
    Finally someone answers lol. If you find anything decent keep me posted.

Still on the lookout.

4. Jsquared824

Jsquared824 Member

I got my front end wrapped at East Bay Auto Spa in Walnut Creek. They have been working on a lot of Model 3's, the wrap came out great! Fast turnaround, tried to work with my schedule for drop off/pick up.

5. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

#5 SMAlset, Jul 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    East Bay suggestion near the Telsa factory would be OC Detailing in Fremont. Joe's done a lot of Teslas and Model 3s specifically. They use to be open 6 days a week but not sure if they are still open on Saturdays or not.

We had our MS custom wrapped with Xpel Ultimate (over on Peninsula by SSCustoms--out of your search area--but great job) and are very happy with the film. It's one of their thicker films and has already saved our paint twice now. And yes, I would say the installer is as important if not more important than the film.

6. daver6640

daver6640 Member

Thank you @Jsquared824 and @SMAlset

What is a fair price to pay if we want our car wrapped? I have had estimates of $1800. They do advertise to clay bar and do a paint correction on the area to be wrapped.

7. Jsquared824

Jsquared824 Member

Most shops I've contacted in the East Bay varied between $1700-$2000. I think the quality of work and work experience will matter the most with a lot of shops pricing out in the same range. Might get lower rates outside of the bay area.

8. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

9. garrity

garrity Member

10. daver6640

daver6640 Member

Thanks

11. mobilesuit818

mobilesuit818 Member

12. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

@mobilesuit818

Is my interpretation correct?

To get the $300 rebate for Ultra, I need to get the full PPF ($4500)

My total would then be: $4500 (PPF) + $1520 (Ceramic) - $300 = $5720

13. mobilesuit818

mobilesuit818 Member

Rebate only applies for Full Packages, meaning Tint, Ceramic, PPF, Chrome Delete, etc

Full PPF is overkill, even more so with the ceramic coating, IMHO.
    Save yourself some money, get the Full Frontal PPF with luggage, door handles, and strip on the lower fender wells...

Even if you piece meal the services, the prices are pretty good and the service is even better.

14. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

Got it ... I wasn't thinking of Full PPF, just curious what these rebates applied to

15. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

#15 SMAlset, Aug 1, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    We did a full body wrap with wrapped edges but on a Model S. They did paint correction and clay bar. Very pleased with the outcome and could tell we had experts doing the wrap work. No issues afterwards. Went and saw their work before hand. When we get closer to delivery on our Model 3 will probably check out 2 locations that we feel feel good about their work. Like with our Model S which was delivered to the Palo Alto Srvc Center, we’d prefer to drive the Model 3 as few miles as possible before getting it wrapped, so less paint correction needed for road chips picked up driving there. Had 1 chip on our MS driving something like 6 miles. :( Do call around for pricing, go to the installers and see their work ahead of time. You’ll feel better about your decision while you wait for it to be ready. The wait seems as long as waiting for the car to be produced!