Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF recommendations for a PPF/Ceramic Coating installer in SoCal (Inland Empire/Corona/Ontario) area??

naszero

Sep 26, 2020
Southern California
Sorry, been busy all week. As promised here are some pics of the install.

I initially wanted to get the entire car done in XPEL Stealth, but change my mind and got the XPEL Ultimate on the full front clip. I also had them add custom cuts to the high threat areas in the rear and added ceramic coating on top.

It was hard to capture in photos, but N-Tech added PPF to the bottom along the contours of both doors. Also, I felt they did a better job than most on the side mirrors, the PPF goes all the way to the edge of the mirror housing. They did a great job tucking the edges around the hood, quarter panels, and front head/fog lights.

As stated above, N-TECH is a small outfit with only two people (owner and a helper) doing the PPF. This leads to longer install times (they had my car for almost 8 days) but I felt they did a great job, especially for the price. Like many, I was hesitant to go with N-TECH due to their lack of reviews. When I was picking up my MY, they had several high-end supercars in the bay getting worked on. Hopefully, the pics will convince others who are on the fence about N-TECH.

tempest2001

Mar 14, 2021
Inland Empire
Sorry, been busy all week. As promised here are some pics of the install.

I initially wanted to get the entire car done in XPEL Stealth, but change my mind and got the XPEL Ultimate on the full front clip. I also had them add custom cuts to the high threat areas in the rear and added ceramic coating on top.

It was hard to capture in photos, but N-Tech added PPF to the bottom along the contours of both doors. Also, I felt they did a better job than most on the side mirrors, the PPF goes all the way to the edge of the mirror housing. They did a great job tucking the edges around the hood, quarter panels, and front head/fog lights.

As stated above, N-TECH is a small outfit with only two people (owner and a helper) doing the PPF. This leads to longer install times (they had my car for almost 8 days) but I felt they did a great job, especially for the price. Like many, I was hesitant to go with N-TECH due to their lack of reviews. When I was picking up my MY, they had several high-end supercars in the bay getting worked on. Hopefully, the pics will convince others who are on the fence about N-TECH.
Looks great, I'm thinking of using them as well when I get the MY. It's on order since March with dates keeps getting pushed.

naszero

Sep 26, 2020
Southern California
Looks great, I'm thinking of using them as well when I get the MY. It's on order since March with dates keeps getting pushed.

Sorry to hear that. I almost delayed my pick-up on March 22, but CarMax actually offered more for my trade so I pulled the trigger. It has definitely been a process just getting the car tinted, PPF, and coated. To add insult, Tesla had to repair the cable for my screen so all in all I was without my car for almost 1 month!

infornography

Dec 10, 2019
Los Angeles
Just wanted to thank you for the review. I was super hesitant going to them since I have an appointment with them coming up and some other person posted saying they had a bad experience with a PPF installer in Riverside but didn't say the name. Thanks for clearing it up. I'm super far from them though so it's going to be a little bit of a trick figuring out how to get back and forth.

tempest2001

Mar 14, 2021
Inland Empire
I made my appointment with Ntech for later this month based on the positive experience here. I finally got the notice to pick up my car. So if it works out (praying) and everything is acceptable I'm heading down there to get it done. I told them I'll be providing positive review if they did a good job here. I'll post pics and feedback when the car is done.

Reactions: naszero

infornography

Dec 10, 2019
Los Angeles
I'm picking up my car soon, dropped it off on 5/25. They also do Tinting with Xpel XR Plus. I couldn't find anyone who would do the roof for a reasonable amount near me but they will and the price wasn't bad at all. I should be picking my car up sometime this week. Went Full PPF all around with a roof tint since I already got the other windows tinted elsewhere. I was considering a ceramic coating on top of it, but it seemed to be the only thing that didn't seem to be a value.

tempest2001

Mar 14, 2021
Inland Empire
I'm picking up my car soon, dropped it off on 5/25. They also do Tinting with Xpel XR Plus. I couldn't find anyone who would do the roof for a reasonable amount near me but they will and the price wasn't bad at all. I should be picking my car up sometime this week. Went Full PPF all around with a roof tint since I already got the other windows tinted elsewhere. I was considering a ceramic coating on top of it, but it seemed to be the only thing that didn't seem to be a value.
How did it turn out? I was thinking about the rear if it would be too dark to drive at night after tinting.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC