Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF recommendations in Bristol?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked the two top companies on Google in Bristol to quite for PPF for my Model 3 LR I'm getting in two weeks. I'm normally the sort of person who does a lot of research into these sorts of things but it seems the whole field is a bit of rabbit hole and I'm really struggling to find the time to spend looking into it so thought I'd as the community for a recommendation as I got very different quotes from both:

Auto Armour quote

Our "Performance Package" for a Tesla Model 3 is £1595 + vat and includes
  • front bumper including headlights
  • front wings
  • bonnet
  • side mirrors
  • A pillars
  • side skirts (includes pieces for rear bumper directly behind rear wheels)
  • lower door sections
  • luggage area (top of rear bumper)
Film used is Xpel Ultimate Plus

Auto Trilogy quote

Thank you for your enquiry, cost to PPF front bumper, bonnet, front wings, side skirts and rear arch protector, doors, a pillar, mirror covers and headlights

£3058

---

Anyone used either, or know why they are so different? Also got any recommendations near Bristol?

I got mine done at AutoTrilogy :) I suspect the AutoTrilogy quote includes VAT, and a bit more coverage. For example 'doors' will mean all of the door rather than just the lower half. I would strongly recommend you get entire panels covered, especially if you have a lighter coloured car. If you cover only half you'll end up with a visible line where the film ends.

Any issues I've had are resolved without question, which is really refreshing. With PPF you're almost certainly going to have an issue somewhere if you're a bit pedantic like I am. I'd also go for ceramic. I had just PPF initially on a Boxster and it was a little harder to keep clean than bare paint. With ceramic it's much easier. The other thing is the very edge of the film is raised and is a dirt magnet. On darker coloured cars it's invisible, but on white it shows everything. The ceramic helps keep that to a minimum.

I would also go look at a car with PPF, I'm sure either place will be happy for you to look at one of the cars they recently finished. There's different things they can do, and you may or may not be expecting to see the edges on some panels. With the pre-cut, there's a small gap between the panel edge and where the film will ultimately end on panels where the PPF can't be wrapped behind without taking the panel itself off. I'll be taking mine up at some point just to get the last touches done, so if you do end up going to AutoTrilogy in person I might be able to get it up there before your visit.