Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF Results - 10 days after install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently got full front PPF, as well as PPF on all 4 side doors.

I'm not an expert but I was curious if anyone had feedback or advice for the installation results and what/if I should ask to be fixed? i.e. what can be fixed or maybe needs to be redone?

Thanks!

Attachments

• under front light bunching.jpg
    under front light bunching.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 567
  • underside of front bumper, bunching or lifting.jpg
    underside of front bumper, bunching or lifting.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 389
  • Bottom of front left bumper.jpg
    Bottom of front left bumper.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 373
  • under left mirror, over edge, lifting.jpg
    under left mirror, over edge, lifting.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 363
  • Maybe a nick in the film.jpg
    Maybe a nick in the film.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 362
  • left fender line of dirt in film.jpg
    left fender line of dirt in film.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 330
  • bottom of front left bumper closeup.jpg
    bottom of front left bumper closeup.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 324
  • underside of front bumper, bunching or lifting closeup.jpg
    underside of front bumper, bunching or lifting closeup.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 371
The shop should offer a follow-up to inspect the work. At that time you can address your concerns. I initially just got a full front coverage but then went back several weeks later and had them do a complete install. Both times they scheduled a follow-up to inspect the work.

Reactions: zoomer0056
The shop should offer a follow-up to inspect the work. At that time you can address your concerns. I initially just got a full front coverage but then went back several weeks later and had them do a complete install. Both times they scheduled a follow-up to inspect the work.
They did tell me to keep an eye on it for 30 days and then come back to have them inspect anything I noticed - just curious how many of these things I should push for a redo vs potentially fixing?

Every photo you posted shows an installation defect. The nicked piece should be replaced, unless they can prove it was caused by road debris.

I hope they can take care of you. A good PPF install should be virtually invisible, even around the edges.

Reactions: Premiertint
Every photo you posted shows an installation defect. The nicked piece should be replaced, unless they can prove it was caused by road debris.

I hope they can take care of you. A good PPF install should be virtually invisible, even around the edges.
I'm hoping to go see them this afternoon so fingers crossed. If it was like this when I picked up I wouldn't have accepted it, bit it seems these things have happened after the fact so hopefully they will help out

Last edited:
Any "bubbles" after a proper install will be almost imperceptible to the naked eye. They're extremely flat, not even large enough to be pushed around with a squeegee. I believe it's water that will evaporate out within a few days.

Terrible install. I did my own install DIY PPF on 2022 Blue Model S so I know a thing or two about the process. The front bumper is difficult but doable. They should've used tack solution in the problem areas. They should've concluded the process with a ghost glove and heat gun on all edges. Maybe 10 days is too long to clean and re-tack the fingers and edges. Some, and this is a good approach, shops will cut off the fingers. If it's in an area that's not so obvious then that's OK. PPF is paint protection film not paint perfection film. It's been one year since I did my full car. My first time ever doing this. I wrapped every where that was possible and followed up with ghost glove and heat gun. There are no fingers and the front bumper is perfect. There are, however, a couple of places where the edge has come up and is collecting dust. But those are minor, not visible except to me, and the PPF is doing its job. Be wary of how your installer will repair. If they cut they must not cut through to the paint. It's proper to just score the surface of the plastic then tear it off.

Reactions: Killer Junior
Def take it back, Tesla's curves are hard to work on and a experienced shop should know how to do it seamlessly. Sometimes, imperfections in the roll may cause it to lift, but from the pics, there's a lot that needs fixing.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer