Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF / Vinly wrap - care

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those that have gotten a full PPF or full wrap - how long did you wait till after to wash your car? I'm hearing anywhere from 24 to 72 hours to 2 weeks. Also, when washing the car, are you using a pressure washer or just a normal hose and 2 bucket system? What product do you recommend?

Your installer should want to keep it overnight. Play it safe and don't wash for another 48 hours is what I was told.

I personally use the one bucket, rinse less method for washing. ONR with 4 microfiber towels does the job great with almost no water used/wasted. And it takes less time.

Your installer should want to keep it overnight. Play it safe and don't wash for another 48 hours is what I was told.

I personally use the one bucket, rinse less method for washing. ONR with 4 microfiber towels does the job great with almost no water used/wasted. And it takes less time.
they've kept it overnight, technically the whole weekend. I'll be picking it up this morning. I guess my main concern is the soap being used - foam bath versus light foam.

My other car i use a pressure washer and foam cannon. It's a black car and the foam cannon is a world of a difference when the black car is really that dirty.