Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF & Vinyl Pros and Cons

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have xpel stealth ppf for about a year-and-a-half (and through two Northeast Winters) and I have been pretty happy with it. I'm definitely not babying it and regularly take it to car washes and it is held up pretty well.

I've had a few edges that have lifted and taking it back to the installer and had them quickly fix it.

I have a wrap on my car and while I look forward for the winter to be over so i can go back to yellow for the summer, I have a suspicion I will be re-wrapping it up for next winter. I Love the idea of washing the car down in my condo garage, not worrying about contaminated water after driving through the grit and snow. The wrap is starting to look old, there's a few marks where the wrap has nicely protected the car but a metalic black wrap on a yellow car and any marks are going to show through. I still have the original clear protection under the wrap and have yet to see how that has held up.