Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF vs Ceramic Pro vs Nothing

What level of PPF protection would you undertake?

• Front Xpel clear PPF + Full Ceramic Pro => $3,500

• Full Xpel clear PPF + Full Ceramic Pro => $6,500

• Dorp Ceramic Pro => -$1,500

• Nothing

• Something else

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I decided to have a closer look to inspect the red paint and noticed one pinhole size ding over the left rear wheel fender up near the lift gate. Could have been a defect air bubble in the paint or just s small stone from the road. Hard to see but the front half that is protected with Xpel PPF has no impact spots at all.

My iphone 11 doesn't do close ups well but this is what it looks like. Imagine what the front would look like without the PPF. The other spots are from road dirt from this morning's drive that brushes off.

IMG_2277.jpg

My blue MY is 3 months old with 13K miles. No treatments yet.

I’m amazed how “soft & thin” the paint job is. Much more fragile than my Honda. Every time I wash the MY (2 bucket method with No Rinse) I find new marks in the top coat and a dozen or so pinprick-sized white holes in the hood and fenders. Plus bug streaks embedded in the top coat from driving 90mph through Kansas!

Detailer is offering to do paint correction (clay bar & polish) for $300 plus Silver package of 1 layer 9H for $800 (body, wheels, glass). They said if I provided touch-up paint they’d fix the white holes.

Is this worth it? My main goal is erase the damage that has occurred, and have a more streak/scratch resistant surface than I have now. I totally don’t mind doing my own bar & spray on a quarterly basis instead, but I don’t want to get into the business of polishing.
That's why I invested in the PPF in every TESLA I owned. My two bucket method lasted about a month. With PPF, I run through the car wash once a week with no streaks and no paint damage and the bugs and bad juju just comes right off. Recommend you consider it. What a relief! ANd good for resale too. Follow it up with some Chemical Guys WET Chemical Guys Wet Mirror Gloss Magnifying Glaze | every 6 months.

Attachments

• PPF Dynoshield and WET.jpg
    PPF Dynoshield and WET.jpg
    471.9 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: 45thParallel
That's why I invested in the PPF in every TESLA I owned. My two bucket method lasted about a month. With PPF, I run through the car wash once a week with no streaks and no paint damage and the bugs and bad juju just comes right off. Recommend you consider it. What a relief! ANd good for resale too. Follow it up with some Chemical Guys WET Chemical Guys Wet Mirror Gloss Magnifying Glaze | every 6 months.
I love your car license plate!