TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

PPF worth it? Matte or Gloss finish on Silver Metallic S?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by WattMobile, Sep 6, 2018.

?

Matt or Glossy finish on Metallic Silver

1. Matt

25.0%
  2. Glossy

75.0%
  1. WattMobile

WattMobile Member

Hi guys. I know this question is asked a lot. But is PPF on the entire car worth it? I had it partial on my old Model S. I live in Norway and there is a lot of salt and stone chips in the winter. However I drive very little in a year.

I know a friend who owns a wrap shop and has STEK dyno shield (gloss) and STEK dyno matte. They are PPF like Xpel but they are also hydrophobic. Seems very promising.

My Model S is arriving in 3-4 weeks and I am looking back and fourth between Matte og glossy finish on the entire car. It is Silver Metallic and I dont think i will do chrome delete on this one.

The prices I have been quoted are 3800 dollars for Stek dyno shield (including headlights etc.) and tint all around the car, and 4050 USD dollars for the Stek dyno matt. Please help me out :)

2. OptAdam

OptAdam Member

Yes. I absolutely do think that PPF is worth it. If you are doing the entire car then coating a coating on top of the PPF might not be worth it but if only doing partial I would highly suggest a ceramic coating as well.

3. WattMobile

WattMobile Member

Yes If I do a full PPF with STEK I wont ceramic coat on top, because it already is hydrophobic.

4. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

I have STEK film currently on X it’s a very good film had Suntek and xpel prev on other Tesla’s ..IMO the glossy STEK will look nicest on silver the matte will look better if u had darker color like midnight silver ...

• Like x 1
  5. EVS Motors

EVS Motors Vendor

If you care about keeping your paint condition looking as new as possible, then yes, doing the whole car is a definite yes. As far as matte vs gloss, it's all personal preference as you really can't go wrong with either one. Matte is great for a more unique look, but if you're in love with the color of the car as is, then gloss is perfect.

• Helpful x 1