Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF worth it? Matte or Gloss finish on Silver Metallic S?

Matt or Glossy finish on Metallic Silver

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys. I know this question is asked a lot. But is PPF on the entire car worth it? I had it partial on my old Model S. I live in Norway and there is a lot of salt and stone chips in the winter. However I drive very little in a year.

I know a friend who owns a wrap shop and has STEK dyno shield (gloss) and STEK dyno matte. They are PPF like Xpel but they are also hydrophobic. Seems very promising.

My Model S is arriving in 3-4 weeks and I am looking back and fourth between Matte og glossy finish on the entire car. It is Silver Metallic and I dont think i will do chrome delete on this one.

The prices I have been quoted are 3800 dollars for Stek dyno shield (including headlights etc.) and tint all around the car, and 4050 USD dollars for the Stek dyno matt. Please help me out :)

I have STEK film currently on X it’s a very good film had Suntek and xpel prev on other Tesla’s ..IMO the glossy STEK will look nicest on silver the matte will look better if u had darker color like midnight silver ...

Reactions: Corsair
If you care about keeping your paint condition looking as new as possible, then yes, doing the whole car is a definite yes. As far as matte vs gloss, it's all personal preference as you really can't go wrong with either one. Matte is great for a more unique look, but if you're in love with the color of the car as is, then gloss is perfect.

• Helpful
Reactions: P85_DA