Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF - XPEL or STEK? (Bay Area recommendations?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

onyxbanx

2021 w/w MYP ordered 07/03, delivered 08/01
Jul 21, 2021
East Bay Area, CA
Has anyone in the Bay Area (specifically east bay) done a full PPF wrap on their entire car? I'm wondering what the price range is and whether anyone has a recommendation for a good shop in the area.

One shop told me they use STEK instead of XPEL because it "has more clarity," also wondering if anyone has any experience with either or both of these. Thanks!

Reactions: dyau
Maybe consult with Joe at OCDetailing (www.bayareadetails.com) and get his input on what material to use and what you wish to accomplish. He has the most experience (years and number of Teslas) protecting Teslas of anyone in NoCA.
thank you, that's funny because I actually just reached out to them for a quote! I think they suggested XPEL PPF, not sure that they offered STEK to me as an option

Joe did matte xpel on my 2017 Model S and it was wonderful!!! note, he is expensive but as his company name implies they are OCD about it. for that 8k he does a full paint correction before the wrap... back in 2017 the 8k included cquartz ceramic on top of the Xpel, and it was sooo worth that money. My Raven Model X i went to another shop in milpitas and the job was good but not as good as OCD's was and i paid $5k for that and no ceramic. so you get what you pay for with Joe. When my Model Y comes in i'm just gonna bite the bullet and go with Joe because it's black and I know the job will be flawless!

Has anyone in the Bay Area (specifically east bay) done a full PPF wrap on their entire car? I'm wondering what the price range is and whether anyone has a recommendation for a good shop in the area.

One shop told me they use STEK instead of XPEL because it "has more clarity," also wondering if anyone has any experience with either or both of these. Thanks!
In Connecticut. Had reputable shop put on Stek DynoFlex; 3 tries and still poor clarity and adhesion lines. Waiting for more installers to get the hang of this product.

WE USED TO OFFER XPEL PPF, BUT WE SWITCH TO LLUMAR PLATINUM , LLUMAR WONT SHOW ORANGE PEEL

You can try MAR Quality Protection (Prices & Services) in Newark. They seem reasonably priced and Raj has been very pleasant to talk to. I have an appointment for June with them to get PPF along the front of my Y.

Ok here’s the work in progress. We pick up tomorrow.
720B47FA-2C8A-4438-BF27-8CC9626508EF.jpeg

Reactions: ink124