Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a new MY & want to protect the paint . Seems PPF is the preferred method . There seems to be allot of choices can someone recommend a manufacture/ product ?
Also is there a preferred method to protect the white vegan leather seats ?

Thanks

3M and Xpel seem to be the popular ones for PPF.

For the seat coatings. There’s an in-depth thread on the forums here. One that stuck out the most was a guy who works in an auto body shop put this stuff on his weather office chair and shows the difference with and without. Seems to be something that you may not be able to get on your own. I did submit a request for a local shop to contact me on how much it will cost but haven’t heard back yet.

You want to be careful when using any cleaning products on the seats in the Tesla Model 3, Model Y. The Tesla seat covering is made of polyurethane upholstery (PU); not vinyl and certainly not leather. PU requires very little maintenance. PU seating should first be dusted with a feather duster or vacuumed with a soft brush attachment. The safest cleaning solution is distilled water applied gently using a damp microfiber towel. You can add a small amount of liquid dish washing detergent to the cleaning solution. Be sure to dry off the seating surfaces with a clean microfiber towel to avoid streaks. For day to day cleanups of spills unscented baby wipes work well. Avoid any product containing alcohol. Avoid using a Magic Eraser as this is an abrasive cleaner. Do not apply leather conditioners to PU seats as the product is not compatible, will remain on the seating surface until you clean it off or it will transfer to you clothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: olsookie
Sorry to ask another question can you explain PPF Vs or in Addition to Ceramic Coating ? Can you do both & if so do you Ceramic coat the car before PPF ? Is it safe to Ceramic coat the interior ( have white seats ) & windows ? Thanks

Sorry to ask another question can you explain PPF Vs or in Addition to Ceramic Coating ? Can you do both & if so do you Ceramic coat the car before PPF ? Is it safe to Ceramic coat the interior ( have white seats ) & windows ? Thanks
I just picked up a 7 seater MY and immediately had a full PPF wrap then ceramic coating done. Drove the car 200 miles round trip over the easter weekend and loved how easy it was to clean off the bug splatter (there is an excessive amount of it after a highway drive because we don't have an intake on our cars) using Chemical Guys SPI217 Wrap Detailer Gloss Enhancer & Protectant

I'm looking into what I want to do about the white seats, but am leaning towards frequent wipe downs using Chemical Guys SPI220 Total Interior Cleaner & Protectant

I will be applying Chemical Guys WAC22916 HydroSlick SiO2 Ceramic Coating HyperWax to the windows and mirrors this weekend

In 2 weeks I'll wash the car with Chemical Guys CWS21216 HydroSuds Ceramic High Foaming, Silica Infused (SiO2) Car Wash Soap then reapply the HydroSlick to the windows and PPF wrap

Last edited:
Reactions: olsookie