Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Price is highly dependent on location, quality of install job, and if you want any paint correction done prior to install. Others would be pre cut pieces vs hand cut wrapped edges when possible.

Visit your installer. Talk to them about the car. Ask for details how they approach each piece on the car. If they say flip off. Move on. It is really about the install not the price.

Two cars full PPF. One excellent experience. One bad that the excellent installer had to fix. Low prices don't usually equal high quality in this world. Mostly people with super low prices are learning on your car trying to steal market share.

Price is highly dependent on location, quality of install job, and if you want any paint correction done prior to install. Others would be pre cut pieces vs hand cut wrapped edges when possible.

Visit your installer. Talk to them about the car. Ask for details how they approach each piece on the car. If they say flip off. Move on. It is really about the install not the price.

Two cars full PPF. One excellent experience. One bad that the excellent installer had to fix. Low prices don't usually equal high quality in this world. Mostly people with super low prices are learning on your car trying to steal market share.
Got it! So not something I want to cheap out on I think you're saying. 👍

Shopped around for PPF here in San Diego area went with Auto Armour because they've been around for awhile, visited the shop and figured if it was good enough for Lambo's and Ferrari's, our 2021 Model S LR would be in safe hands. Signed up for Xpel Ultimate Plus on full front and rockers ($1950+$400) but saw the job and we are sending the car back to cover the whole car. We keep our cars 10+ years and felt very comfortable with the attention to detail and professionalism at the shop that we went all in on the PPF, ceramic and tint.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    622.7 KB · Views: 181
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 137
  • 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 132
Reactions: 101dals
I have xpel ultimate plus on my M3P and xpel stealth on my MYP. That being said, I feel like the ultimate plus ppf protects better than the stealth... even though I think the stealth looks way cooler with the satin matte pearly look. For my MYP, i paid $7900 for full xpel stealth, fusion ceramic, and xpel xr plus tint on all pieces of glass.

Reactions: MarjLa388
I have xpel ultimate plus on my M3P and xpel stealth on my MYP. That being said, I feel like the ultimate plus ppf protects better than the stealth... even though I think the stealth looks way cooler with the satin matte pearly look. For my MYP, i paid $7900 for full xpel stealth, fusion ceramic, and xpel xr plus tint on all pieces of glass.
I do like the look of stealth but out of my budget right now. Mainly looking just to protect my paint. What do you think of scotchgard vs Suntek vs xpel? Which looks best? Protects best?

E0682746-CB59-4DC2-9611-D957C5FF09A0.jpeg
You can check out suntek authorized installers form their website.

Got my model y, delivery was great no major flaws just some plastic protection stuck in small spaces that I removed myself. Kept the MY for 1 day, added 40 miles to it and then off to the shop for PPF color.

The name describes it all, precision one design. These guys are so meticulous and the quote for full PPF, partial or PPF and tint package compared to several other referrals from the forums was competitive.

Going from white to deep gloss black…side by side to the stock MY black it’s like an HD 4k tv versus an HD 4K OLED tv. Deeper black and glossy.

View attachment 721452You can check out suntek authorized installers form their website.

Got my model y, delivery was great no major flaws just some plastic protection stuck in small spaces that I removed myself. Kept the MY for 1 day, added 40 miles to it and then off to the shop for PPF color.

The name describes it all, precision one design. These guys are so meticulous and the quote for full PPF, partial or PPF and tint package compared to several other referrals from the forums was competitive.

Going from white to deep gloss black…side by side to the stock MY black it’s like an HD 4k tv versus an HD 4K OLED tv. Deeper black and glossy.
May I ask why you decided to put black ppf on your new white car instead of buying a black car?