TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Practically Brand New Model X for sale (took delivery 3 weeks ago)

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by MatthewJ, Oct 23, 2016.

1. MatthewJ

MatthewJ Member

Brand new, in pristine condition with ~2k miles on it... just picked up from Tesla factory 3 weeks ago after being on wait list for over a year! Fully loaded, upgrades and options MSRP listed: Model X 75D - Dual Motor All Wheel Drive ($83,000) Titanium Metallic Paint ($1,000) 20" Silver Wheels (included) Black Leather Seats ($2,500) Black Alcantara Headliner (included) Obeche Wood Matte Decor ($750) Seven Seat Interior ($4,000) Smart Air Suspension ($2,500) Autopilot Convenience Features ($3,000) Premium Interior Package ($4,500) Subzero Weather Package ($1,000) Ultra High Fidelity Sound ($2,500) Supercharger Enabled (included) Accessory Hitch ($200) Destination and Doc Fee ($1,200) ... Total MSRP = $106,150 - willing to take $10,000 off (or more, depending on offer) and provide immediate delivery!

2. MatthewJ

MatthewJ Member

IMG_9186.JPG IMG_9185.JPG IMG_9187.JPG IMG_9188.JPG Here are some photos

Attached Files:

3. professionalr

professionalr Member

Why would anyone buy this at 10k less than what you paid? You got the fed credit and ca rebate! Plus you put on 2k miles in 3 weeks?

I would suggest 20k off due to depreciation as a starting point.

• Helpful x 2
    • Like x 2
  4. davidc18

davidc18 Active Member

at a minimum.

5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

OP did say "willing to take $10,000 off (or more, depending on offer)" but of course it is true that the OP got the Federal tax credit and CA rebate (likely a total of $10K) and the next owner will not be eligible for those.

I would also point out that AP price has increased by $2K since this X was purchased but...every Tesla being made now has a greatly expanded sensor suite and a vastly more powerful AP computer.

So a prospective buyer can weigh those factors and decided what to offer.

6. eye.surgeon

eye.surgeon Member

$20k off is probably realistic. Could have depreciated even more given the 2.0 announcement.

7. MatthewJ

MatthewJ Member

What can I say, it's an awesome car to drive - 2k fells like nothing! And sure, I'm willing to entertain reasonable offers less than 10k, as stated in post. But should point out that I'm not super motivated to sell since I love the car and waited so long to get it - mostly depends on what I can get at this point.

• Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  8. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Why are you selling your X just 3 weeks after taking possession?

• Informative x 1
  9. moshennik

moshennik Member

I may be interested at the right price.. I'm a cash buyer.. but need to know why are you selling.

10. MatthewJ

MatthewJ Member

I'm thinking Model S may have been a more suitable choice for what I need - only if it's feasible to swap them at this point. Let me know what you're willing to spend.

11. MatthewJ

MatthewJ Member

My cell phone is on this listing, feel free to text or call me if you're serious about moving forward: Cars.com

12. Bet TSLA

Bet TSLA Member

\
    When I got my CA rebate it required that I keep the car for three years. Has that changed?

13. MatthewJ

MatthewJ Member

Just looked into it, and turns out that you have to keep the car for a minimum of 30 months. I assume then that the new owner could take advantage of the $2,500 rebate.

14. Bet TSLA

Bet TSLA Member

It used to be only for the original purchaser. Has that changed?

15. golfpilot

golfpilot Member

You now also have to have an adjusted gross income of less than 160k for single filers and I think it is 250k for joint.. Pretty sure that rule was applied to keep Tesla owners from getting it