Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pranged your Tesla thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought FSD, with the expectation that I would use autopilot most of the time. In reality, AP drives too close to the left for my liking. it's not quite close enough to be driving over drain covers, but I don't think it's far off. It kinda makes me wince and want to take over, which defeats the purpose.

I'm talking about B roads though, where it's technically not supposed to be used anyway. I don't tend to do a lot of motorway miles so it's mostly wasted on me anyway.

Thanks all. Car with repair guys since Monday AM . Nice MINI automatic courtesy car. A lot of work to be done . Min 2 weeks and that’s if all parts are order able now (unlikely). Car a bit of a mess the more you looked at it... going to pay for extra work eg stone marks etc and May ceramic coat once work is done.

drove today past spot of incident . Can see what I’ve done , long stretch that turns into a bend . I haven’t clicked that the auto just disengaged , I stared out the window for 1/2 secs to glance at new build house going up and as I’ve looked forward im a fraction of a second from driving into the curb and small barrier on the curve.

feeling humble and a life lesson learned

Are you replacing your wheel or having it repaired?
Repaired. It’s being fixed and fully repainted for £85 whilst the car is in for ceramic coating. Apparently, it could be touched up by a mobile repair person, though probably wouldn’t be a perfect fix.
96EE6DAA-E5A7-4978-B11E-16BF76AEB06C.jpeg