Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prank in AP right through a red TSL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@kort677 , do you really dislike that he posted this? "Dislike" refers to how someone says something, not what they say. I'm glad
@Chopr147 called attention to this appalling bit of irresponsibility.
Yea, I didn't get the Dislike either. Not sure what that was about
It's not just the red light. He was not paying attention for long periods of time.
Just today I was using AP and it was not stopping for a motorcycle at a red light. Sure it probably/maybe would have stopped in time but i'm not waiting for 18 feet to brake. I could have killed him if I wanted to be a moron like Josh

This moronic idiot who made this video should not be celebrated, he should be shamed.

Moronic is right. Someone could submit this to the California DMV (or police), and he could get into some pretty hot water. He even has his license plate clearly visible in the video. Although I did not actually see the red light, the reaction of the girl combined with passing a stopped car makes it pretty clear what happened.

And as others pointed out, using autopilot without paying any attention in a setting like that just isn't smart.

Reactions: EVie'sDad
Yea, I didn't get the Dislike either. Not sure what that was about

I think he "disliked" the video, which deserves much more than a dislike, it deserves criminal charges for attempted murder as far as I am concerned. Can you imagine if they killed one of our loved ones for this idiotic prank? I sure hope the authorities review this and press criminal charges. There's nothing funny about it at all.

As for the "dislike" button, enough already! It's adolescent teen commentary, aside from being confusing.

Last edited:
I dislike the video and the distribution of it. people who make videos like this are going for the attention/notoriety afforded by the internet. why give them the attention that they crave by distributing their display of idiocy?
I really don't think he's going to garner much positive attention here. I think it is valuable for the (responsible) Tesla owners community
to be aware of the "lunatic fringe" lest they be caught off guard by understandable public outrage in response such jerks.

I dislike the video and the distribution of it. people who make videos like this are going for the attention/notoriety afforded by the internet.

This forum isn't going to help him. He already got in trouble for allegedly not giving a homeless man $145K he raised for him, after giving him $100 on a video and showing that he spent it on other homeless people (that video, it is alleged, was faked).

• Informative
Reactions: EVie'sDad
I dislike the video and the distribution of it. people who make videos like this are going for the attention/notoriety afforded by the internet. why give them the attention that they crave by distributing their display of idiocy?
I guess TMC will be expanding his outreach to far off places never before seen or expected. He can thank me for it. :)
Man, can anyone be more sensitive than kort677?

If the video is not scripted, then that's not a prank. That's reckless driving and the guy really should be jailed/fined for endangering his passengers.
Lyft really should do something about this.
I think it's scripted and the passengers were willing participants. Nonetheless, it was extremely reckless operation of a motor vehicle. Unfortunately, it may inspire others to try to emulate the exploits of this idiot... just like those who tried to copy "Jackass".