Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pre-Condition X and the media doesn't work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The last couple of morning I have pre-conditioned my X - turned the heat on about 10 minutes before I get in the car.........and each morning none of my media works - radio, Sirius, Streaming etc. The only thing that would work was streaming from my phone.

I just needed to drop my son off but when I did I got out of the car and shut the door..........got back in and everything worked.

This has happened twice and the only difference I can see so far is the pre-conditioning.

Thoughts?

I don't have the premium audio package (didn't want Sirius anyway, but partly wish I would have custom ordered instead of taking the inventory because the base audio package isn't very good IMO) and only ever play music on USB. It seldom resumes on its own (although it did pretty consistently for a few days right after the V9 update and might be due to power saving / me turning the car on before it resumes). This has been consistent for me across MX loaners while it works great in MS loaners (always turns on as soon as I open any door unless the screens are off for power saving). I just cross my fingers and hope they're still working on the startup order for stuff in the MX. Your issue could be similar (perhaps radio Sirius Streaming etc. wouldn't work for me in that scenario, either), but it 's difficult to say. How long have you had the X? Has it worked right in the past? Have you updated recently? While those questions are all worth some consideration, I'd definitely try the various "reboot" "procedures" mentioned in a sticky in this forum in case one of them can clear it up.