Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pre-conditioning on new update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah my GF works from home on Wednesdays and we have the same issue. If she doesn’t go out early for something else we need to remember to turn it off then or the night before.

Def hope they add a more detailed calendar for this soon. (Never mind the ‘stops at 0600’ just because California does. smh.)

Other option is to tweet Elon. I do agree it’s amazing how Tesla can create a “wow” option then totally ignore adjusting it for 6-12 months while we’re banging our collective heads against the wall.
It always gets me how it seems no one at Tesla uses their own stuff. The suggestions we have to provide seem obvious to anyone that actually drive and use the cars. WTF?

It always gets me how it seems no one at Tesla uses their own stuff. The suggestions we have to provide seem obvious to anyone that actually drive and use the cars. WTF?

Makes a little more (just a touch) sense if you recognize that it doesn't get cold, nor rains much in Nor.Cal (Bay area in particular).

Thus the interior pre-heating and rear trunk lid rain flooding use-cases don't get exercised, much.

Makes a little more (just a touch) sense if you recognize that it doesn't get cold, nor rains much in Nor.Cal (Bay area in particular).

Thus the interior pre-heating and rear trunk lid rain flooding use-cases don't get exercised, much.
True but originally they tested cars ‘everywhere’. You’d think they would still do that and take suggestions from beta testers. And they do have employees ‘everywhere’. :D

The Chevy Volt has a programmable 7 day timer, with provisions for seasonal rates changes. In AZ, TOU has different summer and winter schedules. Program the car once, you're set for life.
I wish Tesla had a simple time on - time off setting.

The Chevy Volt has a programmable 7 day timer, with provisions for seasonal rates changes. In AZ, TOU has different summer and winter schedules. Program the car once, you're set for life.
I wish Tesla had a simple time on - time off setting.
This software has only been out for what a few weeks? I’m sure it will be improved to have a full week’s calendar and time to stop charging, etc. it only took how many years to get ‘charge to leave at X time’, right? :D

This software has only been out for what a few weeks? I’m sure it will be improved to have a full week’s calendar and time to stop charging, etc. it only took how many years to get ‘charge to leave at X time’, right? :D

I find it stops charging long before that time and it’s mostly just maintaining the temperature. To the point that the batteries are not as warm as if the car had just stopped changing.

I’ve gone back to charging the car at a specific time to make sure my batteries are warmest and most efficient again. Hopefully they will update the parameters a bit soon so that the batteries aren’t left cooling.

this why i did not turn it on, if i call out of work my car will be "running" for hours

Let's confirm this before jumping to conclusions. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm at work now but I'll try to check myself.

If this really is the case it seems like a big oversight. What would happen to my car lets day... over the Thanksgiving weekend? It would run in-cabin heat until I use the car again on Monday?!

Let's confirm this before jumping to conclusions. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm at work now but I'll try to check myself.

If this really is the case it seems like a big oversight. What would happen to my car lets day... over the Thanksgiving weekend? It would run in-cabin heat until I use the car again on Monday?!

this is why I havent enables it yet. No mention of shut off anywhere.

I have tested this by accident. It does shut itself off after some time. I’m guessing around the 30 minute mark, but I’m not exactly sure.

I work from home many days and checked my car mid day and it was cold. Then one morning I was going to head into the office and realized the car was warm because I set departure time.

I’m sure someone can do a more exact test

I took another car in today and forgot to turn off the preconditioning. It turned itself off. It did use up 1% of battery doing so. Unfortunately I cannot tell you when it turned itself off though. The software needs to be included in the phone app. I was using Stats before this and may go back to it since it does the same thing.