Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pre-conditioning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm new to Tesla. We picked up our Model 3 in Aug, and have been enjoying it ever since. My question is about the per-conditioning (Per-C). I use it for work every day, love the fact that its based on location for Per-C. My work scheduled is vaired to say the least but very early in the morning. In the app I see that you can set it for the location and days of the week; however, if i schedule a Per-C and do not go to work what are the side effects? Say We set a departure for 3:00am and don't go? will the car Pre-C the car for the 3:00, then keep it ready tell I get into the car... All day? or is there a time line that the car would turn off the Per-C? again any side effects, beside using either my battery of wall elect?

I'm new to Tesla. We picked up our Model 3 in Aug, and have been enjoying it ever since. My question is about the per-conditioning (Per-C). I use it for work every day, love the fact that its based on location for Per-C. My work scheduled is vaired to say the least but very early in the morning. In the app I see that you can set it for the location and days of the week; however, if i schedule a Per-C and do not go to work what are the side effects? Say We set a departure for 3:00am and don't go? will the car Pre-C the car for the 3:00, then keep it ready tell I get into the car... All day? or is there a time line that the car would turn off the Per-C? again any side effects, beside using either my battery of wall elect?
Try it. I think it will keep conditioning running for only a couple hours. Alternatively, turn on the turn on climate when you first wake up, you will see the battery symbol with 3 warming marks similar to seat heaters. The rear window defog will also hear the charger port. Check the manual under charging>charging instructions.

Upvote 0