Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pre-Conference BBQ, Thurs, 7/17

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't mind helping out before hand. I'm not sure exactly how early we could get there, but definitely probably by 2ish. We might be able to help with the registration part too.

I may (or may not, depending) need some help in stringing some lights by the back deck. I suspect I can't do it by myself (hurts to say that, it really does :) ) ... soooo yes, if a couple of you come over early, I'll probably have a couple of 'guy' things that need to be done. But outside of that, I think most of the advance work is done ... there's the normal 'run to the store and get ice and soda in the morning'. And then the road marking (which I'm looking forward to, don't know why - my inner graffiti artist?). So come early. You may have to just help with beer and wine tasting :).

I may (or may not, depending) need some help in stringing some lights by the back deck. I suspect I can't do it by myself (hurts to say that, it really does :) ) ... soooo yes, if a couple of you come over early, I'll probably have a couple of 'guy' things that need to be done. But outside of that, I think most of the advance work is done ... there's the normal 'run to the store and get ice and soda in the morning'. And then the road marking (which I'm looking forward to, don't know why - my inner graffiti artist?). So come early. You may have to just help with beer and wine tasting :).

Sounds good.

Would love to make this but will still be flying in at the time. Next time hopefully!!

Flying in from Hawaii with Spleen. First, we couldn't book the factory tour due to adding a second line to production. And now, we are coming in too late for the pre-conference bbq. I'm jealous. Sounds like it's going to be one of the highlights for this year's TMC event even though it's unofficial. Maybe that's why it will be more fun? :wink:
Looking forward to the pics/stories!

I'll probably have a couple of 'guy' things that need to be done.

:scared:

I assume this sort of thing when you say that.
superm_n.png

xkcd.com/1394

Flying in from Hawaii with Spleen. First, we couldn't book the factory tour due to adding a second line to production. And now, we are coming in too late for the pre-conference bbq. I'm jealous. Sounds like it's going to be one of the highlights for this year's TMC event even though it's unofficial. Maybe that's why it will be more fun? :wink:
Looking forward to the pics/stories!

Kind of looks like this will become an annual event - Tesla and SolarCity have been huge helps in getting this ready. And with the help coming in from everyone here, I can't imagine we can't do this every year. This year we'll have 100 people and I'll be able to gauge just how many more people the property can comfortably hold. I'm guessing around 200.

We already have an official Twitter hashtag, if you haven't picked it up in following the TeslaRoadTrip guys. Search twitter for #PartyAtPicnicCreek and you'll see pics on Thursday as the party is happening.

(The back story on 'Picnic Creek' ... I asked the original land owner why my particular piece of land was so heavily treed and my neighbors were not. He told me that the area had been a large farm, but his grandmother had begged his great-grandfather NOT clear my area, because it was where the family picnicked and had family get togethers. Two creeks, lots of rock outcroppings. So they called the spot Picnic Creek. And that's why I still have all my oaks and other trees everywhere. And the number of trees are part of why I fell in love with the place.)

I think we need a branch topic for calculations of how long a drone could stay airborne if it had 85 kWh on-board (and was somehow magically not heavier).

my 58 Wh battery keeps it flying 30 minutes. My very rough calculations, and probably wrong, would say that the 85 kWh batt would fly it for over 700 hours.

There are also batteries in the remote and in the wifi repeater that don't last long. Don't think the quad battery is the limiting factor.

My other concern is how many of these remotes are on the same frequency as mine? Would be fun to have one remote do an auto start on about six drones and fly them who knows where. Ah, the possibilities! Could we get signal from the DJ and have the copters dance to the music?

Sorry. A little off topic.

Bonnie had generously offered some wood for the Saturday beach outing. We don't need much, just enough for standard CA fire pit for a couple hours. Can I get a volunteer to drive some wood back from Bonnie's?