TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Pre-delivery hang tag and car markings

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by hokiefan, Sep 22, 2018.

1. hokiefan

hokiefan Member

Can anyone decipher what "NO TIK" means? My delivery is scheduled for 9/25 so I decided to swing by the service center in Owings Mills, MD. Lot was full, probably 50% Model 3 but lots of S and X as well. At least 50 Model 3's with scheduled dates from now until 9/29. There were four that had "inventory" or "not matched" on the hang tag. VINs were from 33xxx to 101xxx. Seems like white interior were all 100xxx+. See attached pictures.

Car was dusty and dirty from sitting under a tree. Inside looked really clean. Didn't see any major issues on the outside of the car. It also had NJ written on it (lots of other cars did too). Wonder if these came via train to New Jersey and then truck to Maryland?

Attached Files:

2. neroden

neroden Model S Owner and Frustrated Tesla Fan

Since the same tag has a "service needed" mark, the "No TIK" probably indicates what's missing that needs service, but I have no idea what TIK stands for.

• Informative x 1
  3. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Thanks for this post -- very valuable info for me. I'm scheduled for delivery at Owings Mills on Monday, 9/24 so I'm going to head over there
    Sunday to take a sneak preview of my car and go through my exterior pre-delivery check list. Should save time on Monday.