TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Pre-Delivery Inspection

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by jmara, Dec 4, 2013.

1. jmara

jmara Member

Does anyone know what this entails? How long does it/should it take?

My car was completed this morning (12/4) for delivery in Orange County, CA. I am thinking that it should arrive at the SC by Friday and I asked my DS for a Sunday delivery. He is telling me, however, that Monday is the earliest that he can schedule the delivery because of the Pre-Delivery Inspection, or "PDI".

It's only one more day, but I am just curious as to the level of detail they go in during the PDI.

2. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

Give them whatever they need. In my case I guess they did not have enough time because when I went to get mine there were issues. I have been in a loaner for a week while the issues were alleviated.

3. hughconn

hughconn Member

I saw a guy picking up his model S in NJ and he said they spent 2 hours with him going through the whole car with him. My guy in PA said it should take about 45 minutes.

4. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Depends on who does the orientation, how many questions you ask, and how familiar you are with the car before you take delivery. If you've spent six months on TMC and have watched every video possible--including the orientation ones--then you'll likely need far less time than someone who places an order and then picks up the car.

5. AlMc

AlMc 'Senior Moments' member

+1 I must have watched all the videos at TM 20+ times before delivery AND stopped by the Service center that is 1 hour from my home 3x.....The DS knew me and said he had to go through the 'basics' with me but it took 15 minutes :wink:......about 14 minutes too long for me:biggrin:.