Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pre-Delivery Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m awaiting delivery on a new to me Model X from Tesla and I just received a message from the delivery department that my vehicle has arrived in my city (early!) and some issues where discovered during inspection. The message goes on to say they are waiting for details from the service center about when the repairs will be completed and will get back to me. I responded to the texting asking for more details but have yet to get a response.

Has this happened to anyone else? I would imagine I entitled to some detail? I also realize it could be some small issues or something significant. I certainly acknowledge this happens with every brand of used car and most times you are not made aware but for some reason I’m slightly worried now.

I’m awaiting delivery on a new to me Model X from Tesla and I just received a message from the delivery department that my vehicle has arrived in my city (early!) and some issues where discovered during inspection. The message goes on to say they are waiting for details from the service center about when the repairs will be completed and will get back to me. I responded to the texting asking for more details but have yet to get a response.

Has this happened to anyone else? I would imagine I entitled to some detail? I also realize it could be some small issues or something significant. I certainly acknowledge this happens with every brand of used car and most times you are not made aware but for some reason I’m slightly worried now.
Welcome to the bewildering world of Tesla. In particular, the bewildering pre-owned world of Tesla.

It sounds like the car has arrived at your nearby service center. I would drop by - unannounced - and ask to see the car in its current state.

If they refuse to show it to you - that's a problem - and I would turn around and cancel your purchase.

Reactions: Darren Donovan
Unfortunately I’m out of the country until Monday and even then the SC is 60 minutes or so from me so I’ll have to hope that I get more details and it turns out to be no big deal.

I guess worse case I could always refuse delivery.

Unfortunately I’m out of the country until Monday and even then the SC is 60 minutes or so from me so I’ll have to hope that I get more details and it turns out to be no big deal.

I guess worse case I could always refuse delivery.
In that case - if you're out of the country - don't worry about it and enjoy wherever you may be.

I really try to stay away from cliches - but you are in the driver's seat of this transaction - so just make sure everything is done to your satisfaction prior to taking that key fob.

Thanks, a complete and total overreaction on my part it seems.

I spoke with the delivery department, two minor things(scratch and floor mats)and two so-so things; second row seat motors making a high pitch whine (checking and addressing) and door handle not flush (fixing).

Seems Tesla maybe is trying to avoid delivery issues 🤞🏼🤞🏼

Thanks, a complete and total overreaction on my part it seems.

I spoke with the delivery department, two minor things(scratch and floor mats)and two so-so things; second row seat motors making a high pitch whine (checking and addressing) and door handle not flush (fixing).

Seems Tesla maybe is trying to avoid delivery issues 🤞🏼🤞🏼
OK - not a bad list at all. The door handles can be a real bug-a-boo (I've had 3 handle repairs on 2 different doors at this point) - but the other items seem pretty mild indeed.

Reactions: Msd801
To bring this thread full circle...my delivery was ..ehh.. they were an hour late getting the car ready. The detail was kind of a joke. Since the car wasnt ready they put it on the supercharger while we signed the paperwork which I then got billed for when I took delivery in the app. Fast forward 12 hours and I have driver's side FWD sensor failure but so far the service department has been great to work with. So I have a broken wing for a week while they wait for the part.

That said the car is amazing.

To bring this thread full circle...my delivery was ..ehh.. they were an hour late getting the car ready. The detail was kind of a joke. Since the car wasnt ready they put it on the supercharger while we signed the paperwork which I then got billed for when I took delivery in the app. Fast forward 12 hours and I have driver's side FWD sensor failure but so far the service department has been great to work with. So I have a broken wing for a week while they wait for the part.

That said the car is amazing.
Yep - generally amazing cars that require unusual patience on the back end. It seems that there is a huge variance in SC competence across the states - so if you're near a good one - that helps quite a bit in the Tesla journey.

Yep - generally amazing cars that require unusual patience on the back end. It seems that there is a huge variance in SC competence across the states - so if you're near a good one - that helps quite a bit in the Tesla journey.
Congrats on your new X. I was just curious when you ordered. I'm in California, ordered mine on Jan 5th, then Enhanced when it was announced. I've emailed my Rep for an update with no luck.....

Congrats on your new X. I was just curious when you ordered. I'm in California, ordered mine on Jan 5th, then Enhanced when it was announced. I've emailed my Rep for an update with no luck.....
Any updates on when the refreshed X will be delivered? I ordered mine right when refreshed was announced with delivery expected in April, now its been changes to September. I heard the delay was that Tesla stills needs government approvals on many of the items and software--anyone hear anything?