Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pre-delivery life (ok, obsession) so far

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It really is amazing how all-consuming this is! I'm having fun (other than the wait) even though I don't get the car for another 7 weeks!

Here's the short version of what I've been up to: Pretty much decided to buy in August, got a ride in Doug_G's Sig in early Sept, test drove and ordered Sept 21, confirmed Sept 25, got the VIN Oct 9, added power folding mirrors Oct 21, got a delivery date of Dec 9 today! The dashboard had been saying Late November and apparently my "Planned End Of Line" date is Nov 18, but the DS for Montreal says he likes to be cautious - he'd rather come in early than disappoint with a delay. So I'm hoping for somewhere around Dec 1...

Configuration is: S85 / White / Tan / Piano-Black / Twin / Tech / Air / Parking / Subzero / Shelf

And I've been very busy on all the prep: insurance is done, winter wheels & tires ordered (but will be a bit late) and I cleaned up the old car to trade in (waiting for a price from DS). For charging, I'm still getting electrician quotes for a service upgrade and HPWC install at home, I'm doing a 14-50 installation at in-laws this weekend and I ordered a 14-30 cord and adaptor for occasional charging at other relatives' places on trips, and as a backup at home in case of HPWC delays or problems.

Also got winter floor mats, fob pockets and a frunk net. DS is working on green plates, I figured out service plans, shuffled money for payment (mostly from TSLA shares bought at $20-30 and sold at $160-193 :rolleyes:) and I settled on a place to do a full XPEL Ultimate wrap as soon as I get it.

And I've read a few thousand posts on TMC - this community is amazing! Tons of useful knowledge and it really adds to the excitement (ya, just what I need :biggrin:).

Fun to be part of a revolution.

Thanks, I think we'll be happy with it. We seriously considered 5 of the 9 colours before settling on the white - it was the hardest choice to make by far. The Tesla ordering process really works, though - just change it and don't click the Confirm button until you go 2 days without questioning your choice. Now every time I see a clean white car go by I think "what a great colour!"

And since ordering the Model S, when I see a BMW M5 or Audi A7 or any of the cars I used to dream about, I find my self saying "Pfft, who would want one of those?". This car really changes your perspective.

Congrats, the anticipation and extreme excitement are so much of the awesomeness of ownership. While I was waiting it felt close to torture, but you know what you'll be rewarded with eventually. I do not know how the early adopters who waited years managed, I could barely stand my 7 week wait!

I normally don't care for white, but it does look fantastic on the MS! Can't wait to see pics!

It really is amazing how all-consuming this is! I'm having fun (other than the wait) even though I don't get the car for another 7 weeks!

Here's the short version of what I've been up to: Pretty much decided to buy in August, got a ride in Doug_G's Sig in early Sept, test drove and ordered Sept 21, confirmed Sept 25, got the VIN Oct 9, added power folding mirrors Oct 21, got a delivery date of Dec 9 today! The dashboard had been saying Late November and apparently my "Planned End Of Line" date is Nov 18, but the DS for Montreal says he likes to be cautious - he'd rather come in early than disappoint with a delay. So I'm hoping for somewhere around Dec 1...

Configuration is: S85 / White / Tan / Piano-Black / Twin / Tech / Air / Parking / Subzero / Shelf

And I've been very busy on all the prep: insurance is done, winter wheels & tires ordered (but will be a bit late) and I cleaned up the old car to trade in (waiting for a price from DS). For charging, I'm still getting electrician quotes for a service upgrade and HPWC install at home, I'm doing a 14-50 installation at in-laws this weekend and I ordered a 14-30 cord and adaptor for occasional charging at other relatives' places on trips, and as a backup at home in case of HPWC delays or problems.

Also got winter floor mats, fob pockets and a frunk net. DS is working on green plates, I figured out service plans, shuffled money for payment (mostly from TSLA shares bought at $20-30 and sold at $160-193 :rolleyes:) and I settled on a place to do a full XPEL Ultimate wrap as soon as I get it.

And I've read a few thousand posts on TMC - this community is amazing! Tons of useful knowledge and it really adds to the excitement (ya, just what I need :biggrin:).

Fun to be part of a revolution.
Welcome. Sounds like you've done everything right. You may want to devote yourself to TMC. Become a super user and write as many posts as you can while waiting. :)

I always thought people up north shied away from getting white cars due to the snow drifts, blizzards, etc. ;)

I too, am in the going-crazy-before-the-delivery phase but my wife has it the worst. She doesn't even want to drive our MB R-Class because she's tasted the Tesla Kool-Aid and is waiting for our never-ending supply to arrive in "Late November".

I always thought people up north shied away from getting white cars due to the snow drifts, blizzards, etc. ;)

Well one good thing about white here is that for half the year the road dirt is white (salt). All cars look pretty bad all winter, but I figure white will be better than anything dark. Anyway, choosing a colour just because it hides the dirt means you're choosing a dirt-coloured car :smile:. So I say choose what you like and don't worry about the dirt-hiding - just keep it clean.

It's all worth it when you finally get your car home. I got mine last Thursday and my obsession has shifted from reading about the car to driving it and staring at it as much as possible. :D It's somewhat surreal when you finally have it in your possession. I'm kind of still pinching myself. The car is so much more beautiful when it's parked in your own garage and you get the full effect of the paint job and sheer scale of the car. My first night I parked my wife's Sienna outside, set up a chair, turned on some music and just sat with it for a while. Taking it all in... If you have any doubts about the amount of $$$ you dropped on it, I can put your minds to rest. It's the best car I've ever had, and it's the best money I ever spent. :wink:

Last edited:
Congrats on getting yours - I saw pics in the "where's bareyb" thread and it's a beauty. Thanks for the support. Now that I've almost run out of preparations to keep me occupied on Tesla stuff, with still over a month to go, waiting is getting even harder. And I completely understand wanting to just look at it. I was thinking I'd park way around the back of my building at work just so I can see the car from my desk but maybe that's not such a good idea :wink:

Congrats on getting yours - I saw pics in the "where's bareyb" thread and it's a beauty. Thanks for the support. Now that I've almost run out of preparations to keep me occupied on Tesla stuff, with still over a month to go, waiting is getting even harder. And I completely understand wanting to just look at it. I was thinking I'd park way around the back of my building at work just so I can see the car from my desk but maybe that's not such a good idea :wink:

Not if you want to stay at work. I think the temptation to get out and drive it would be too strong to resist. :cool:

It's all worth it when you finally get your car home. I got mine last Thursday and my obsession has shifted from reading about the car to driving it and staring at it as much as possible. :D It's somewhat surreal when you finally have it in your possession. I'm kind of still pinching myself. The car is so much more beautiful when it's parked in your own garage and you get the full effect of the paint job and sheer scale of the car. My first night I parked my wife's Sienna outside, set up a chair, turned on some music and just sat with it for a while. Taking it all in... If you have any doubts about the amount of $$$ you dropped on it, I can put your minds to rest. It's the best car I've ever had, and it's the best money I ever spent. :wink:
Love how you took the time to soak it all in and "be in the moment". Also nice to hear how happy you are. It is a bit scary to spend 2x what you normally would on a car. But you set my mind at ease.