Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pre-delivery life (ok, obsession) so far

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My confession: every week after I wash mine I go out about 10 times to stare at it. Still, after 7,500 miles.

Also, daily I look forward to my 20 mile drive home, even though it's rush hour. Who woulda thunk?

Woohoo! Dashboard changed to "In Production" today!

They should have cameras in the factory taking pictures of my car at various stages of the build and putting them on my dashboard. Well, once it's assembled enough to be a car, at least.

Mine is all over the place:
Monday was Sourcing Parts
Tuesday was In Production
Wednesday went back to Sourcing Parts
Earlier today was Completed and Ready for Delivery
Now is back to In Production????
DS has told me car is done and ready to pick up in 18 hours!

Love how you took the time to soak it all in and "be in the moment". Also nice to hear how happy you are. It is a bit scary to spend 2x what you normally would on a car. But you set my mind at ease.

Guarantee you will forget all about the $ when you drive that car home. I was stressed. Now my only stress is waiting until I can drive it some more. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

My confession: every week after I wash mine I go out about 10 times to stare at it. Still, after 7,500 miles.

Also, daily I look forward to my 20 mile drive home, even though it's rush hour. Who woulda thunk?

Have yet to wash my car. Tips? I know there are threads on the topic, anyone got pointers to them handy?

Have yet to wash my car. Tips? I know there are threads on the topic, anyone got pointers to them handy?
Paint appearance and care advice for a n00b
And in case it isn't mentioned in there, I always raise my suspension to very high for easier access to the wheels and so I don't have to bend as far down to wash the sides.

Personally I like Zaino products.

I love this guy's OCD video series called "Drive Clean". Here he gives the wash "basics" (3 bucket system) on an Audi R8. He also has downloadable PDFs!

It's hard to believe I can spend 16 minutes watching a video about cleaning glass, but he's really amazing:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL96D52AF54166C886[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll probably do the first wash by hand, but honestly I don't see me keeping that up for very long. I love to Polish but I'm not a fan of washing. I took my Vette to the Brushless Carwash (Lozanos in Sunnyvale) for years and it had a flawless shine. Is it really necessary to hand wash these cars? :(

I am also still waiting - I cannot say patiently. My dashboard status is still showing as "sourcing parts" but got a call from my delivery guy today to say that I will likely get delivery the first week of December. I am in Illinois. It sounds a little optimistic, but I am willing to be glass half full on this. I agree with the earlier post about hand-washing at first. I am not sure how long before I will have the courage to take it to a car wash. On the other hand, January in Chicago may change my mind quickly.

85 | Blue | Grey leather | Piano Black Décor | Tech Pkg | Subzero Weather Package | 19" Michelins