Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pre-Delivery Payment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

I got the much anticipated text to schedule my delivery in 2 weeks. I have a question about the Pre-Delivery payment process because the answer I got from agent I spoke with today does not feel right.

I am planning to finance the car with big Chunk down and I have 2 concerns:

1. I do not want to use Plaid to link my account and I am sure there has to be a way to do it as manual ACH, if that it is the case and the payment was done online is it just an authorization for Tesla to withdraw the amount if I signed the paper after inspection on delivery date? or an actual immediate payment? what will happen if declined the delivery? I know I will get another allocation but that is 4-8 weeks and interest rate and finance application will not be valid then and Tesla Finance might not be the best option then, beside the obvious reason of why I have to tie a big chunk of liquidity in this transaction while I have no car (I know as I am reflecting on this, I should have went with the lower downpayment then drop the big chunk later). His answer was on Plaid not manual ACH and to do it the morning of the delivery date so it does not process on time and I will have a chance to cancel if needed.

2. Do they accept cashier checks on delivery day? he said not but I read some folks here did that. did you call to confirm with the center so they do not delay or reschedule you as they think you did not pay?

I prefer option 2 of course, any advice or suggestion based on recent experience from anyone who took delivery. not sure if all Service center have the same rules but mine will be picked up from Orland the Eatonville location.

Thanks

If you use the Tesla Account payment option that comes up on your delivery process under your account online, the payment is instant and is like a debit from the account your specify, 7/24. Look over the car, and if you accept it, authorize payment. I took a check for backup in case the Tesla debit system was down. Easy.

If you use the Tesla Account payment option that comes up on your delivery process under your account online, the payment is instant and is like a debit from the account your specify, 7/24. Look over the car, and if you accept it, authorize payment. I took a check for backup in case the Tesla debit system was down. Easy.
I see and did you use Plaid or figured out a way to the ACH manualy.

I do not want to use Plaid.

Yeah, i do not like it because it ask you to login with your bank info.
I've used plaid several times, it is pretty darn secure and only works with your account if your bank has an agreement in place with them. You can also completely remove plaids access to your account after you complete the transfer. Plaid is safer (imho) then an ACH transfer and an ACH transfer will take at least 2 days to go through. If you don't want to do that then just get a cashiers check or be ready to pay before accepting delivery.

Reactions: DerbyDave
I took delivery last Friday and I ETF the down payment from my bank to Telsa the day before. The payment due changed to $0 immediately. They will accept Certified Check also. I was thinking what happens if when I pick up, there is a big dent on the car or something major. Since I waited 5 months of this delivery, what option do I have? It created too much anxiety. Luckily, everything turned out good. Only a piece of trunk cover missing.

I took delivery last Friday and I ETF the down payment from my bank to Telsa the day before. The payment due changed to $0 immediately. They will accept Certified Check also. I was thinking what happens if when I pick up, there is a big dent on the car or something major. Since I waited 5 months of this delivery, what option do I have? It created too much anxiety. Luckily, everything turned out good. Only a piece of trunk cover missing.
Yeah thats my concern if i have to reject the car what they will do with down payment which is a big chunk.