Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pre-heating & Ohme Smart Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I'm still getting to grips using the Ohme charger and new to charging the Tesla, so I'm hoping someone can shed a bit of light on this.

I've got my usual scheduled charge on the Ohme app to top me up overnight to around 90% (I know I could probably set it to lower) and be ready for 6.30am (about 30mins before I'm off to drop my son off).
Now I'm looking at pre-heating the car in the morning but the energy is being taken from the battery rather than the mains since I'm outside of the scheduled charge.

Is my only method to leave the Tesla to 90% and set the ohme to max charge in a morning when I want to pre-heat... or is there another way?

Cheers for any help / clarification.
CP

Can you set the current limit on the ohme?

I charge overnight using my EO charger and Octopus Go. Then use the 'solar charge' option to set a current limit of 6-10 A or so for half an hour before I plan to leave. This minimises actual charging, but means that the pre-heat energy is in effect drawn from the mains, not the battery.

There's no need to charge to 90%, unless you plan on needing it.