Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

pre-mature loss of power in 2021 LR key fob.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife took delivery of 2021 MS LR in mid-November. She purchased, at the Tesla Store, a key fob case that has a metal frame. I am aware that this frame interferes somewhat with the signals that are sent by the fob to the car. Today that 2-month old key fob was totally ineffectual. I.e., apparently dead. So my question is: does that metal frame on the key fob case actually deplete the battery to zero in 2 months?

My wife took delivery of 2021 MS LR in mid-November. She purchased, at the Tesla Store, a key fob case that has a metal frame. I am aware that this frame interferes somewhat with the signals that are sent by the fob to the car. Today that 2-month old key fob was totally ineffectual. I.e., apparently dead. So my question is: does that metal frame on the key fob case actually deplete the battery to zero in 2 months?
If it did effect it, it might effect range but not battery. I don’t think it’s smart enough that if signal is low that it boosts power.

I’ve have one of those aluminum cages and got 2 years before I suspected battery was going.