Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pre-painted bumper from Tesla or have it repaired by a body shop?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A valet scratched the front bumper on my brand new M3, and charged me $46 to do it. Needless to say I'm furious. I'm trying to decide whether to get the whole bumper replaced by Tesla with a pre-painted part, or have a body shop work on it. New part from Tesla is by far the cheapest option - $1200 vs $1600 for a Tesla approved body shop. My main concern is the color match, I've heard pre-painted parts can be questionable. My car is midnight silver if that helps. Would love to hear others experiences? Thanks in advance!

Have you looked into those wheel/bumper repair guys? Some are mobile, others prefer to work out of a space allocated to them by another business. There's a franchise here by the name of Colors On Parade that fix minor (and even not so minor) scratches and dents on bumpers and metal. I just had my front bumper scratch fixed from hitting my own wall while distracted talking to my daughter while parking. Like you, I also have MSM and am very impressed with the quality of the new paint. They sand it down, apply new paint and re-apply the clear coat. Honestly can't tell there was a scratch there. $300 and about 3 hours of work.

Reactions: jeremymc7