Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

pre-price hike Model X reservation for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I have a pre-price hike Model X for sale. No registrant details were entered which means you can enter your details directly in the account. It is currently configured to LR but can be modified to any combination (paint, seat colors, 6 or 7 seaters) or even changed to Plaid. It Shows EDD from late October to early December. long-range or plaid in September 2022. (I have contacts at Tesla and can provide references of people whom I helped get cars quickly)

My booking Long range base is 104,990 vs 120,990 (today's base price plus $400 for the charger).

I have configured the car as per the below pics

DM me for details

the price difference is $16,000 and I am asking $7,000 for transfer of the account. Serious inquiries only, please

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 2.19.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 2.19.53 PM.png
    137.1 KB · Views: 289
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 2.20.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 2.20.34 PM.png
    88.9 KB · Views: 170
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 2.21.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 2.21.56 PM.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 146
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 2.30.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 2.30.24 PM.png
    109 KB · Views: 165
Hi, I have a pre-price hike Model X for sale. No registrant details were entered which means you can enter your details directly in the account. It is currently configured to LR but can be modified to any combination (paint, seat colors, 6 or 7 seaters) or even changed to Plaid. It Shows EDD from late October to early December. long-range or plaid in September 2022. (I have contacts at Tesla and can provide references of people whom I helped get cars quickly)

My booking Long range base is 104,990 vs 120,990 (today's base price plus $400 for the charger).

I have configured the car as per the below pics

DM me for details

the price difference is $16,000 and I am asking $7,000 for transfer of the account. Serious inquiries only, please
Stil available?

Right now, Tesla is shipping cars to people who made reservations anywhere from 3 to 12 months ago, depending on model and various other details of how the customer handled their reservation "slot".

Tesla raised prices dramatically in the last year - by a total of as much as $10k or more.

Tesla however honors the price the reservation holders had on the day they put their money down.

The existence of reservations at $5k or $10k "below current MSRP" creates this marketplace for selling spots in line - the reservation holder can make a raw profit on their slot, and the buyer can take delivery sooner and at least some discount to current MSRP.

The above situation should die off as Tesla finishes delivering cars to the dwindling supply of people still holding reservations from 6 to 12 months ago.

We are approaching that time - Tesla is pumping out cars, and largely shipping them to the folks standing in line the longest. Soon, the remaining waiting list will contain mostly people who ordered recently enough that their reservation price matches current MSRP - so other than maybe jumping forward in line slightly, there's no fiscal motive to sell cuts in line.

I welcome that future. I'd much rather have the money go to Tesla so they can re-invest in further improvements, and the next available car most deservedly goes to the person who actually wants to own it and who has been standing in line themselves the longest.

Last edited:
Right now, Tesla is shipping cars to people who made reservations anywhere from 3 to 12 months ago, depending on model and various other details of how the customer handled their reservation "slot".

Tesla raised prices dramatically in the last year - by a total of as much as $10k or more.

Tesla however honors the price the reservation holders had on the day they put their money down.

The existence of reservations at $5k or $10k "below current MSRP" creates this marketplace for selling spots in line - the reservation holder can make a raw profit on their slot, and the buyer can take delivery sooner and at least some discount to current MSRP.

The above situation should die off as Tesla finishes delivering cars to the dwindling supply of people still holding reservations from 6 to 12 months ago.

We are approaching that time - Tesla is pumping out cars, and largely shipping them to the folks standing in line the longest. Soon, the remaining waiting list will contain mostly people who ordered recently enough that their reservation price matches current MSRP - so other than maybe jumping forward in line slightly, there's no fiscal motive to sell cuts in line.

I welcome that future. I'd much rather have the money go to Tesla so they can re-invest in further improvements, and the next available car most deservedly goes to the person who actually wants to own it and who has been standing in line themselves the longest.
I wish your timeline's were true. I ordered my Wife's new MX on Nov, 2021 here in LA. Initial delivery date was Oct, now it's been pushed to Jan-april, a whole 18 months after my order.
I would be amazed if the car gets delivered before the end of the year. (I wish)

Point is, this resale of slots will continue for at least 6 more months.
Im one of those folks: If a car with my config comes up on here I would be tempted to pay a small premium to get it since my wife's 2016MX is starting to show its age, and I'd like to sell it while the used market is still hot(ish)

Reactions: ShareLofty
I wish your timeline's were true. I ordered my Wife's new MX on Nov, 2021 here in LA. Initial delivery date was Oct, now it's been pushed to Jan-april, a whole 18 months after my order.
I would be amazed if the car gets delivered before the end of the year. (I wish)

Point is, this resale of slots will continue for at least 6 more months.
Im one of those folks: If a car with my config comes up on here I would be tempted to pay a small premium to get it since my wife's 2016MX is starting to show its age, and I'd like to sell it while the used market is still hot(ish)

As a veteran of the waiting-in-line adventure, be advised that the dates jump around, and anything with a 3-month-wide range on it isn't really a date - it's just basically saying your slot is beyond the region where they have a details on building it. My most recent Model Y was ordered in late 2021, and estimated for roughly 2023 for a long time before jumping forward and being delivered on July 31 2022. I hope the same may happen for you, and I think this also reflects many (but obviously not all) of the 2021-era reservations. I have less experience with the MX - it's line could be longer but looking at the website you can order right now with ED of March 2023 so it seems weird that such an old reservation would have the same ED.

As a veteran of the waiting-in-line adventure, be advised that the dates jump around, and anything with a 3-month-wide range on it isn't really a date - it's just basically saying your slot is beyond the region where they have a details on building it. My most recent Model Y was ordered in late 2021, and estimated for roughly 2023 for a long time before jumping forward and being delivered on July 31 2022. I hope the same may happen for you, and I think this also reflects many (but obviously not all) of the 2021-era reservations. I have less experience with the MX - it's line could be longer but looking at the website you can order right now with ED of March 2023 so it seems weird that such an old reservation would have the same ED.
Oh yeah, im well aware. Im on my 3rd Model S since VIN 32k in Q1 2014, a Q2 2015 and a Aug 2021 a plaid. 2 Model 3's, and the 1st Model X delivered at Van Nuys CA in Q1 2016.
The Refresh X seems to be the slowest built vehicle to date. (Except for our 1st MX that I ordered in Q1 2014 and got 2 yrs later), but that's cause production had not started yet.
I just am antzy to get her a new MX. Wanna sell the 2016 before the Used market cools.

I’m amazed how many people are selling reservations. Tesla canceled my multiple reservations. They emailed me and told me I needed to accept the new current pricing or they would cancel and refund my deposits. I called and explained I wanted the cars and had put deposits down in good faith. Tesla then canceled my reservations and I still haven’t got the refunds even after many calls. I was buying the cars to replace current Teslas I own, not selling them for profit as so many seem to be trying to do. It is sort of annoying when I see people taking advantage of the price increases for profit when others had reservations canceled. I’ll be taking delivery of my 3rd new BMW this year though and realistically the BMW’s are much better build quality for less money. That doesn’t seem to make much difference to Tesla at least right now with the busy market but things will soon change. Just wanted to vent, Free bump anyway

Reactions: santua
I’m amazed how many people are selling reservations. Tesla canceled my multiple reservations. They emailed me and told me I needed to accept the new current pricing or they would cancel and refund my deposits. I called and explained I wanted the cars and had put deposits down in good faith. Tesla then canceled my reservations and I still haven’t got the refunds even after many calls. I was buying the cars to replace current Teslas I own, not selling them for profit as so many seem to be trying to do. It is sort of annoying when I see people taking advantage of the price increases for profit when others had reservations canceled. I’ll be taking delivery of my 3rd new BMW this year though and realistically the BMW’s are much better build quality for less money. That doesn’t seem to make much difference to Tesla at least right now with the busy market but things will soon change. Just wanted to vent, Free bump anyway
What beemer did you get?