TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Pre-printed cards for use at public charging staions?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by gctseng, Jul 2, 2013.

1. gctseng

gctseng All around good guy

Jun 10, 2013
    United States
    Been thinking of creating some pre-printed cards for:

1. Placard (think hotel "Do Not Disturb"-sized card) that I can hang on the J1772 charger as it's charging that tells a waiting EV owner how to contact me so I can let them know when I'm done.*
    2. Card (business-card sized) so I can leave on someone's car to either contact me when they are done or let them know I unplugged them because the charger said they were done.

Anyone have any suggestions for other uses? I'm planning to do so in the next week or so and can create a link to the files when I'm done.

*For those of you afraid to leave your own number, I figured out the best way to keep your privacy (or at least your number secret), is sign up for Google Voice or SendHub. I ended up signing up for SendHub for the number and Google for e-mail and Drive (to store all the Tesla related documents).

There were some links at the bottom of this article:

Link to Ford placard:

"Old timey" (still relevant) charging protocol page (includes links to protocol cards):

A cool EV placard an energy company made:

Example of a courtesy notice to leave when you get ICEd. Specific to california and not particularly polite but you can use it to make your own (DOC):

ICEd notices from Blink. They go from polite to angry. Pick your mood: