Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pre-Raven 100D also able to support upto 200kW supercharging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's great news if it is the case for all 100 kWh batteries. For years, some people on this site have been saying the 100 kWh batteries could possibly hit 150 kW to 180 kW. After Tesla did the update earlier this year to allow 150 kW, I tested and only got 128 kW (up from 116 kW before the firmware update). A few months later, I was able to hit 146 kW.

What firmware is your car on and what is the model number of your battery? Maybe they are testing out 180 kW to 200 kW Supercharging on older cars. :)

I've seen 145 kWh on my 90D.

My 2019 pre-raven MS (3/2019) routinely charges at 145kw at V2 chargers and I have seen spikes exceeding 150kw. Yesterday I noticded a new change in the supercharging display - it now counts down by the minute near the end of the charge

Best in my 2018 MS100D is ~163.
E110014A-A72C-4A19-91D7-C06B077C5BC5.jpeg

So, do you get that high charge rate at the beginning of your charge session? Does it last longer than 1-2 minutes (or even a few seconds)? If so, how long?
Didn’t closely monitor it. In fact that may not be the peak. Definitely higher rates at lower states of charged and slowing down as gets higher. Only Supercharging on long road trips. This was from an 1,100 mile trip in February from Southern California to Washington state.

I was recently able to get 166 kW on my pre-Raven 2017 S100D. I started at a 9% SoC, then maxed out at 166 kW a few minutes later at 21%. It was a slow, uneven ramp up. I have noticed that with warmer ambient temps I've gotten higher rates. With similar ambient temps, I have also seen differences depending on the stall.

Attachments

• 20200525_191557.jpg
    20200525_191557.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Didn’t closely monitor it. In fact that may not be the peak. Definitely higher rates at lower states of charged and slowing down as gets higher. Only Supercharging on long road trips. This was from an 1,100 mile trip in February from Southern California to Washington state.

I've also got a 2018 MS 100D and I only use Superchargers on road trips, 5-10 times/yr. Invariably, my initial charge rate jumps up to 110-140, but that only lasts for seconds, maybe up to couple minutes, then it starts going down.

Is this a stealth ability that Tesla is not advertising/mentioning? Last night I was at the Fremont factory v3 Supercharger, and I ramped upto 186 kW. I started at 9%, shared a cabinet with someone upto 14%, I was stuck in the 60-70kW range. Then, when that person unplugged, I slowly started ramping up and hit a max of 186 (!!!) kW @ 24% SoC. Then, it slowly started declining. I included a couple of photos as proof. I bought my 100D in September of 2017.

I am willing to bet that if I had started out near 0, I *might* have hit 200 kW.
I wish I could find it - I cannot - but I read an interview with Elon and one of his engineers in an EV trade mag where they were discussing V3 superchargers and Elon stated that some pre-raven MS 100D LR and MX models would be able to charge at close to the M3 250Kw rate, and faster than the newer raven models. He then went on to say that the shorter range of the M3 necessitated a faster charge to maintain parity in travel time with the MS.