Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pre Raven Refresh 2019 Long Range Model X or 2019 Raven Refresh Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What would you do?

I have a beautiful inventory car I can get for close to 22k off the purchase price. It's not the Raven refresh Model X but it is a 2019 Long Range Model X. Does not include FSD and may have to be shipped from the middle of the country to California.

Or I can just customize a new Model X and get the Raven refresh. What would you do?

What would you do?

I have a beautiful inventory car I can get for close to 22k off the purchase price. It's not the Raven refresh Model X but it is a 2019 Long Range Model X. Does not include FSD and may have to be shipped from the middle of the country to California.

Or I can just customize a new Model X and get the Raven refresh. What would you do?

I went with Pre-Raven, $19k off... Mine has EAP, though.. If your $22k off X has EAP, go for it... If it has AP, then plan to add $6k for FSD.. If it has NEITHER, then, you're looking at $9k (if any of those features matter)...

What would you do?

If i could afford the Raven i would go for it

I made a decision to go for the Raven. I am very happy. However, I am sure I would be just as happy with a pre-Raven. The dynamic suspension is nice, though not essential. The extra miles on battery are nice, though not material. In my case, I couldn’t find an inventory car that met my specs. He you could save $20k and like the car, go for it.

Look at the 22k objectively, I saw a similar 22K off deal recently and when I looked at it, I realized it was 2 or 3k off over a new Raven and decided to pass.
Options listed the below

1. Autopilot for $3k that I believe is basic AP which is included in any new orders? so $3k isn't really added in new Raven orders

2. PearlWhite is now the new default color so that $2k upgrade didn't mean much is also really not part of the option.

3. 22" wheels if I am right is a free upgrade option on the standard X from what I am told.

So I would say don't go by the original MSRP but go by the pricing in comparison to what a new Raven would bring.

Look at the 22k objectively, I saw a similar 22K off deal recently and when I looked at it, I realized it was 2 or 3k off over a new Raven and decided to pass.
Options listed the below

1. Autopilot for $3k that I believe is basic AP which is included in any new orders? so $3k isn't really added in new Raven orders

2. PearlWhite is now the new default color so that $2k upgrade didn't mean much is also really not part of the option.

3. 22" wheels if I am right is a free upgrade option on the standard X from what I am told.

So I would say don't go by the original MSRP but go by the pricing in comparison to what a new Raven would bring.

Never heard of 22s being a free upgrade. Also note that the included Autopilot doesn't have all the features of any of the past optional versions. The original AP includes Summon and Auto Lane Change, and eAP adds NoA.

I went Raven. SO happy I did. I've had several Tesla since 2013. Never really noticed much of a difference in overall feel from one to the next. Expected this one would be much the same. Was pleasantly surprised at how big a difference the Raven upgrade really is. This combined with Tesla's improved build quality and today's Tesla is far superior to even a 2017 and still significantly superior to a 2018. For me, I really notice the suspension difference. Car is much quieter inside. The efficiency is incredible. Same battery size, but the Raven uses about 50 less wh/mi than the prior version, at least in my case.

Range isn't necessarily that big of a deal for most. Anything over 300 miles is generally enough, but the efficiency difference was a pleasant surprise. Thus, you'll spend less in electricity per mile.

I too looked for inventory cars and didn't find anything that suited my preferences. Certainly didn't find anything at a $22,000 discount. I guess the question is, is the $22,000 "discount" based on what you would spend for the Raven or is $22,000 off the original MSRP? There's a big difference as the price of the Tesla has been drastically reduced in recent months. If the pre-raven car is $22,000 cheaper than what it would cost you to buy a Raven today, then that's absolutely worth considering seriously as that's a hell of a price reduction. If it's only $22,000 off the original MSRP, then it's probably more like a $7K-$8K discount from the Raven. At that, the Raven is a no brainer.

So, if the extra range isn't important to you and you're satisfied with the old suspension, which is absolutely a harsher ride than the new adaptive suspension and it's really $22K cheaper than the cost of a Raven, then the pre-Raven is a no brainer. Answer those questions for your personal preference and you should have your answer.

• Informative
Reactions: Ocelot