Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pre-refresh 70D to Refresh 75D w/ AP2 Thoughts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bswn1

Feb 13, 2016
CA
Just took delivery, such a great car, but some weird thoughts from my first time driving it. Curious to hear if anyone else that previously drove an pre-refresh AP to refresh car has the same feedback.

Steering - Feels much "mushier" on Sport mode, definitely not as tight as before. I don't like the feeling. Anyone else notice this?

Suspension - Car feels way higher. We barely felt the speed bump in front of our place, in the 70D we would have felt it full force. Did the suspension change on the refresh? I did not get the SAS, so we had the standard suspension on both cars.

Dash / MCU - Tough to explain, but there's a new snappiness to animated elements that wasn't present before. On the dash, the power usage meter renders way smoother and the ultrasonic animations render much smoother. Almost as if I had gone from 30fps to 60fps.

Ultrasonics - Much more sensitive, much longer range than before and they refresh on the drive display quicker. Picks up objects farther away and a bit better detection of cars in blind spot. Still not perfect it seems though.

Anyone else go from pre-refresh to refresh and have the same thoughts as above?

Reactions: AssortedBread
I'm confused on how a "Classic 70D" is even possible. The AutoPilot and Dual Motor announcement happened at the same event, with the AutoPilot hardware already on cars in Production before you could order a dual motor car. So how does one get a pre-AutoPilot dual motor car?

I'm confused on how a "Classic 70D" is even possible. The AutoPilot and Dual Motor announcement happened at the same event, with the AutoPilot hardware already on cars in Production before you could order a dual motor car. So how does one get a pre-AutoPilot dual motor car?
Pretty sure he's talking about pre-refresh vs. post-refresh 70D.

Steering - Feels much "mushier" on Sport mode, definitely not as tight as before. I don't like the feeling. Anyone else notice this?

Yes, I noticed that to. VERY disturbing actually! I hate the new steering and "sport" mode, which no longer is a sport mode! I am upgrading from a pre-facelift 2016 S90D to a 2017 S90D and I already contacted my service center about that and requested the "old" steering in my car. But I guess that is not possible :-(`

It is really sad that they ruined the very good steering from the pre-facelift cars! Why??