Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pre-Refresh Model S is Missing "Lock Confirmation Sound"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys!

Is anyone else that owns a pre-refresh model s missing the option for a "lock confirmation sound" in their UI? When I go into service mode, I can enable it there, but it dosent save to the profile. If you guys know what the fix is, let me know!

oh, ok. I wonder why it is only in service mode. If the car can do it, why wouldnt it be in the UI??
Good question. So you're saying it actually works if you turn it on in service mode, but doesn't stay enabled, correct?

Wait you WANT it to make a noise as you walk away? Why? That is why i like the older ones they don't make stupid noises all the time
Tesla added that option because people asked for it. You don't have to use it if you don't like it. The reason people wanted it is because the 3 doesn't have any visual clues to indicate that it locked, unlike the retracting handles on the S/X. So if you don't close your doors properly, you wouldn't know the car didn't auto-lock without looking at the app. We have the sound enabled on our 3 for that reason.

Upvote 0
Glad I'm not the only one frustrated by this. In all my previous cars they chirp the horn when they auto-lock as you walk away... which is reassuring. With my "new to me" 2018 March MS P100D, this option is not available so I have to look back to make sure the handle and side mirrors have retracted. As confirmed by the OP, the option IS in the Service Menu.

But additionally it's also in the Tesla Tutorial videos!! Go to Theater > Tesla Tutorials > Watch the first video about the Owner's Manual and notice the video is for legacy vehicles and shows the portrait display. Pause after 17s and you will see on the screen the option "Lock Confirmation Sound".

I also had a Tesla mobile service for a different issue but while the technician was there I asked about the missing lock confirmation sound option. He was surprised it was not there and promptly showed it to me in his 2016 MX!!

So it is there in the video, there in older cars, there in the Service menu... but missing from the main UI of my 2018 MS. Why??

lock.jpg

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: KalJoMoS
Upvote 0
Glad I'm not the only one frustrated by this. In all my previous cars they chirp the horn when they auto-lock as you walk away... which is reassuring. With my "new to me" 2018 March MS P100D, this option is not available so I have to look back to make sure the handle and side mirrors have retracted. As confirmed by the OP, the option IS in the Service Menu.

But additionally it's also in the Tesla Tutorial videos!! Go to Theater > Tesla Tutorials > Watch the first video about the Owner's Manual and notice the video is for legacy vehicles and shows the portrait display. Pause after 17s and you will see on the screen the option "Lock Confirmation Sound".

I also had a Tesla mobile service for a different issue but while the technician was there I asked about the missing lock confirmation sound option. He was surprised it was not there and promptly showed it to me in his 2016 MX!!

So it is there in the video, there in older cars, there in the Service menu... but missing from the main UI of my 2018 MS. Why??

View attachment 1009188

Small correction. Go to Theater > Tesla Tutorials > Watch the second video about the Keys.

However the official update from my local Tesla Service team is that, "The Lock Confirmation Sound is a configuration available on legacy Model X cars but was not an option on Model S cars build in/around 2018. As this configuration is not available for your vehicle, we aren't able to add this feature to the vehicle touch screen".... which is darned frustrating given that the feature is already implemented in the Service Menu settings!!!

Upvote 0