Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pre-refresh S / X now officially known as “Legacy” in terms of software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guess we will see how the 3/Y guys feel to be “legacy” since they tell us to stop bitching

Attachments

• F0FFF3CF-254B-4D4B-8880-3452DC609B11.png
    F0FFF3CF-254B-4D4B-8880-3452DC609B11.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 159
My daily drive is a Kona Electric and although it doesn't aim to be bleeding edge, it has so many useful features that won't evolve but hopefully won't regress!

Smart wipers.
Speed limits.
Lane assist (kinda)
Heat / vented seats.
Head up display.
Over achiever on claimed range.

I'm not selling the Kona. My point is even mid-market manufacturers are delivering good stuff. Tesla really can't afford to not really up their game.

I'm not a Tesla fanboi by any means, but simply listing features is an oversimplification and doesn't really make for a good comparison. For example, we've been shopping for a new car and one of the features that is important to us is adaptive cruise control. Nearly every auto manufacturer has a this, but how the feature actually performs in the real world and its ease of use vary wildly between manufacturers.

Reactions: Battpower
I'm not a Tesla fanboi by any means, but simply listing features is an oversimplification and doesn't really make for a good comparison. For example, we've been shopping for a new car and one of the features that is important to us is adaptive cruise control. Nearly every auto manufacturer has a this, but how the feature actually performs in the real world and its ease of use vary wildly between manufacturers.

I agree.

Aren't you already in the beta? Did anyone not get the update?

From you:

"I'm on Beta 10.6.1 and still didn't get the update and waiting very impatiently lol. I'm in NY.

There should be an actual download button, especially if I choose Advanced."

Edit: Sorry my bad. Two similar topic thread by @Lowchrg I posted in wrong one.
Yeah I had 10.6.1 but now just installed 10.8 with the holiday update on my legacy '18 MS 100D.

Not to hijack this thread in any way, but with legacy Model S and this v11 (2021.44.25.2) update I have seen reports of both the "Charging" section under settings to contain the x-ray image of the car with the green battery underneath that allows you to set the limit and I have seen other images where that doesn't exist at all. I am still waiting for the update, however my friend in the UK updated last night and on his charging screen, the set limit and x-ray image of the car is not there. For anyone in this thread, do you have that in the charging screen or is it missing? Trying to determine if this is a bug or purposefully excluded fro some odd reason

Not to hijack this thread in any way, but with legacy Model S and this v11 (2021.44.25.2) update I have seen reports of both the "Charging" section under settings to contain the x-ray image of the car with the green battery underneath that allows you to set the limit and I have seen other images where that doesn't exist at all. I am still waiting for the update, however my friend in the UK updated last night and on his charging screen, the set limit and x-ray image of the car is not there. For anyone in this thread, do you have that in the charging screen or is it missing? Trying to determine if this is a bug or purposefully excluded fro some odd reason
Any pictures?

I have seen reports of both the "Charging" section under settings to contain the x-ray image of the car with the green battery underneath that allows you to set the limit and I have seen other images where that doesn't exist at all
This screen that's under Controls > Charging now? I believe it no longer shows up automatically when charging now as there's text elsewhere showing the charge rate, etc.

controls charging.jpg

As repeated several times in this thread
and shown on invoices
and on the tesla page ... complimentary.

WCXX4hl.jpg
Sorry for confusion but I clearly stated that is was SUSBCRIBING to FSD hence will not be getting CAM upgrades....why are they taking my money if I can't even run FSD? Why are they making me run through Safety Score as well!

Sorry for confusion but I clearly stated that is was SUSBCRIBING to FSD hence will not be getting CAM upgrades....why are they taking my money if I can't even run FSD? Why are they making me run through Safety Score as well!
I apologize. I did not read your comment carefully. The website clearly says there will be an upgrade cost without specifying how much it will be.
If you purchased Full Self-Driving capability and have Autopilot computer 2.0 or 2.5, you are eligible for a complimentary upgrade to FSD computer. Certain early production vehicles may also receive complimentary camera replacements. A complimentary hardware upgrade is not available for Full Self-Driving capability subscriptions; however, you may be eligible to upgrade at your cost.

Reactions: fbitz777
@hybridbear Good question. I assume the first and second photos do not have the "bug" the only difference being one is a photo of the car plugged in and the other is a photo of it not plugged in (just spitballing here). The third photo I assume has to be a bug, cause that is with the car plugged in
Ah, I only saw 2 photos at first. Now I see the 3rd one with the bug. That sure seems like a bug if it is plugged in and the charging screen shows that. Perhaps a 2 scroll wheel reboot would help.

My screen on legacy Model S v11 (2021.44.25.6).

20211229_160448.jpg

My screen on legacy Model S v11 (2021.44.25.6).

View attachment 749705
So odd. So far it seems to me nosecone = no x-ray photo of the car, with the ability to set the charge limit. Every example I have seen of AP2.5/AP3 has the same screen you are showing here. And any pre-AP/AP1 (with the MCU2 upgrade as that is needed for this update) I have seen does not have that. Hopefully someone chimes in to prove my theory wrong here. But so far that's the pattern I have seen

Last edited:
Reactions: AustinP