Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pre-refresh S / X now officially known as “Legacy” in terms of software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They downloaded and installed without wifi or your intervention?
Correct. After reading the comments here I was very anxious and disabled WiFi for that very reason. Also, I made sure to dismiss the nagging screen every single time, without agreeing to it.
BTW: If you schedule an appointment for anything (incl. a recall), whether mobile or SC, there is a very high probability that they will install it, no matter what you instruct them.

Reactions: Harvey Danger
Correct. After reading the comments here I was very anxious and disabled WiFi for that very reason. Also, I made sure to dismiss the nagging screen every single time, without agreeing to it.
BTW: If you schedule an appointment for anything (incl. a recall), whether mobile or SC, there is a very high probability that they will install it, no matter what you instruct them.
Back in 2016 I went through this battle with Tesla about one of the big UI changes. The Service Center installed it even though I had asked not to. It was the employee who was plugging cars in for overnight that told it to install as the Service Tech was aware & respectful of my desire to not install the new UI.

“Crowd sourced” - hence, my “gimmick” comment. It is interesting but cannot be taken seriously - the logic behind the commands is weird; there is no 100% availability; it has issues with accents; it has issues with accuracy. No, it is nowhere near the GUI, it cannot be used reliably to control driver-related functions. I know that some people may be using VC reliably for ages but there is a difference between working 99.999% of the time and working for some users.

Btw: commands have been removed in the past, without notice.

• Funny
Reactions: scottf200
“Crowd sourced” - hence, my “gimmick” comment. It is interesting but cannot be taken seriously - the logic behind the commands is weird; there is no 100% availability; it has issues with accents; it has issues with accuracy. No, it is nowhere near the GUI, it cannot be used reliably to control driver-related functions. I know that some people may be using VC reliably for ages but there is a difference between working 99.999% of the time and working for some users.

Btw: commands have been removed in the past, without notice.
Yep. "Open butthole" for example. :)