Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pre-September Order Waiting Room

Tintin825

Oct 9, 2019
England
Are there still lots of people who have ordered before September waiting for their cars? I ordered originally on the 9th of August and was at that time was told it was likely to be a September delivery. It has since been pushed out to October and then November and now they are talking about December or January - still no VIN.

I have had mixed reactions from the delivery phone line people. One person said it was a "Unicorn" spec. and another said it was not that uncommon.

My order; Model 3, LR AWD, Blue, White Interior, 18 Aeros, Tow-Hitch, FSD.

I am intrigued to get an idea of how many other people are in the same boat.

pmg102

Jul 11, 2019
Liverpool, UK
Identical spec. Initial order 1st May. Added Tow in July. Keep chasing - but no VIN, on their ‘escalation list’, best they can say is Dec/Jan

Daverh

Jul 7, 2019
Newcastle
12th July order for a P+ white/white and still buying diesel every week.

I did have a vin for a couple of days at the end of September but it soon disappeared. Tesla's best effort was to offer me a car in Dartford but wasn't up for a 5hour drive home so turned them down and haven't heard from them since.

pmg102

Jul 11, 2019
Liverpool, UK
Thank for the feedback - good luck to those waiting
I now have 2 orders... same spec... as I’ve also placed one through LeasePlan as a company car. Won’t cancel original order until I get a delivery date - then will plead them to switch it to my new order :)

resigned to a 2020 delivery

Tintin825

Oct 9, 2019
England
Maybe that will help Tesla decide to make our spec with another order :) I am away at Christmas and am getting to a point where I would prefer to get it in 2020 so I do not have to leave it on my street for the duration of my holiday. Praying that I do not get a delivery date during my time abroad and then have to wait another couple of months after not being able to pick it up :(

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC