TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Pre-set Preconditioning?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by PJFW8, Feb 18, 2017.

1. PJFW8

PJFW8 waiting impatiently for Model 3

Ford's app allows for "Go Times". You can set up to 2 times per day where the car will be automatically preconditioned. Each day is individually set. This can be done on the app, from the vehicle or on your computer or laptop. This is standard on Fusion Energi, CMax Energi and the Focus Electric. I have searched this site and find no equivalent. Having to use the Tesla app every morning and evening seems to be fairly tedious. Preconditioning has spoiled me! It is also better for the car. Am I missing something obvious?

2. ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd Active Member

You might want to expand your search to Amazon's Alexa and the website IFTT.com (If This Then That).

It allows you to define preset conditions for Alexa to "talk" to connected devices. It's entirely possible you can set it up to talk to your Tesla, as long as you're connected to your home network, and automatically precondition it.

At this point, sounds like 3rd party apps and workarounds will be the only way to get what you're looking for.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. PJFW8

PJFW8 waiting impatiently for Model 3

thanks

4. Skione65

Skione65 Member

@PJFW8,
    There are numerous videos on You Tube showing Alexa integration in the Tesla. Here are just afew.

Enjoy!

Ski

• Informative x 3
  5. wilhelmspencer

wilhelmspencer Model 3 Reserved 3/31/16 In Store 10:20 PST

Oh man...I started automating my house a few months ago with Smarthings and Google Home. I had no idea that someone had written a custom Smart App for ST for this.

I am so excited to know that I can connect all that to my Model 3 once it arrives!

6. SpiceWare

SpiceWare Member

I've been using Indigo on my Mac mini DVR, as it's the only system I leave on 24 hours a day, for a couple years now to control INSTEON (and previously X-10). I see somebody recently created a Tesla plugin for it: