Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pre-Wired EV Port

Timspeed

hsaWaknoW
Sep 18, 2021
Patterson, CA
So my garage came pre-wired with a pull of Romex 6/3, in a 2-Gang Box. (Photo Attached)
So, I could put a 14-50 plug in..but the local electric company offers $500 rebate for a Tesla wall charger (so basically, I'd be getting it free)
My question is..does the Tesla Wall charger line up with a 2-Gang box screws? (ie: I could just remove the faceplate and mount the TWC directly in it's place.
Thanks in advance!
tempImagephJX2Z.jpg

MY1stEV

Jul 29, 2021
Atlanta suburbs
I can't answer your specific question, but if what you suggest won't work, you can do like the guy in this video and wire a dryer cord into the Wall Connector and plug it into the 14-50 outlet.

Timspeed

hsaWaknoW
Sep 18, 2021
Patterson, CA
OK, what I think I need to do, is get some conduit, to have the cable come out of the faceplate; then mount the TWC on the stud next to it, and run it up through the bottom of the TWC.

KJD

OD 7/27 MYLR Red/Black 19's/ No FSD/ Del 11/20
Supporting Member
Dec 14, 2013
SLC, UT
OK, what I think I need to do, is get some conduit, to have the cable come out of the faceplate; then mount the TWC on the stud next to it, and run it up through the bottom of the TWC.
I don't think you need any conduit at all. Just mount the Wall Charger onto the stud that this box is attached to.

See this screen capture from the installation instructions.

Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 8.25.47 PM.png

Ostrichsak

Sep 6, 2018
Colorado, USA
Yup; I just measured that just a few minutes ago. Mounting in left holes and running conduit in lower right back corner.
Liiiike a glove!
Why do you insist on running conduit? Just mount the wall connector to the stud with that hole OVER the existing electrical box. Runs wires in through hole. Connect. Done.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC