Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Precondition battery iOS app update out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
04DBE686-E32F-4F4B-8073-7800E5F195FB.png
Exciting

I’ll put the over/under at everyone getting *.50 or better so that we can actually use this at... 6 weeks.

Then again, I guess only the cold half of the States plus Canada would need this...

Better make that 8 weeks. :)
Now, if I could ever get in line for a update on the car. Still stuck on 17.42a88c8d5 since 28 October 2017

Then again, I guess only the cold half of the States plus Canada would need this...
Hmm, let me think: What other places in the world get cold? ;)

Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Poland, Russia, Austria, Switzerland, I can continue for a while :)

No offence, but Tesla vehicles are sold all over the world and it gets cold a in a lot of places.

Battery preconditioning is definitely something I would like to have, but more importantly I hope this speeds up .50 deployment so I can use the exit profile without the darn thing cycling every time I stop to let kids in or out of the car. Of course one of our cars I'm sure will get it a few week earlier than the other, hopefully my wife gets it first so I don't have to hear "how come your car gets it first?" ;)

Yes, because those are the only cold places on Earth... ;)

Hmm, let me think: What other places in the world get cold? ;)

Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Poland, Russia, Austria, Switzerland, I can continue for a while :)

No offence, but Tesla vehicles are sold all over the world and it gets cold a in a lot of places.

As supercharge.info would suggest.

But has there been a single report of *.50.1 outside North America?

If so, then by all means, oops :)

Battery preconditioning is definitely something I would like to have, but more importantly I hope this speeds up .50 deployment so I can use the exit profile without the darn thing cycling every time I stop to let kids in or out of the car. Of course one of our cars I'm sure will get it a few week earlier than the other, hopefully my wife gets it first so I don't have to hear "how come your car gets it first?" ;)

Temporary Fix: Don't shift into P (use brake hold in D). Unlock doors from center screen.

Ok, it looks like there is no separate button for preconditioning. You just activate the climate control and the battery preconditioning starts too.

So no way to just warm the pack independent of warming the cabin? I was under the impression that simply prewarming the cabin has always been a way to prewarm the battery pack as well. Does this new feature just make that more apparent to the user or is it actually doing something different?