Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Precondition battery iOS app update out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But has there been a single report of *.50.1 outside North America?

My both cars (S AP1 & X AP2) have it.

Well that didn’t do anything for me. I preheated the car for an hour and even got that battery warming symbol, but when I get to my car it still has no regen.
Running 17.50.1

Same here, the battery message show for few seconds and then nothing. No regen after 30 minutes perheating. (no so cold ~7°C)

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
Well that didn’t do anything for me. I preheated the car for an hour and even got that battery warming symbol, but when I get to my car it still has no regen.
Running 17.50.1

Same here - on 2017.50.1, updated app on iPhone last night. Outside temp was 28F today - I attempted to preheat car x1 hour before leaving for home - no indication in the app that anything new was happening, and no (or at least limitted) regen on the way home. Perhaps the battery didn't get cold enough to trigger the feature?

Same here - on 2017.50.1, updated app on iPhone last night. Outside temp was 28F today - I attempted to preheat car x1 hour before leaving for home - no indication in the app that anything new was happening, and no (or at least limitted) regen on the way home. Perhaps the battery didn't get cold enough to trigger the feature?

A point of clarification - I was not plugged in at work when I was preconditioning. So, maybe that was the reason the feature did not activate. I must admit, it's unclear to me if being plugged in is required. The Electrek article on the new feature said it was. However, the release notes on the new IOS App download did not say that plugging in is required. So who knows...

Ooh, app update loaded & got me anxious for this feature that we non-California owners have wanted forever.
Now I need the software update for my car to let it work!

Come on! I have to work on Christmas day and it's supposed to get down to 9 degrees F. *shivvers*

At 7°C you should have some regen even without preheating.

it depends, sometime I have a little, sometime nothing (but for a very short time, few km and then I have a small regen).

But all in all, the consumption is very high for the first 10th km which is a pity. I was waiting this feature for my long trips (320km round trip which are easy in summer but barely possible in winter (you know autobahn, speed, ...) due to that very high consumption at the beginning of the trip.

I definitely want this feature also work at 5 - 10 ° C or even higher.

For now I try to finish the charging at the time of departure but because I need a full battery the end is very slow, so not lot of heat (and then almost no regen and high consumption)

This feature is probably only for very cold countries !

Still on 44.xxxx. I even topped up my tire pressures and pointed all valve stems toward Fremont. Come on Santa.... I mean Elon.... push those updates!

I think the whole vehicle needs to be oriented towards Fremont for that upgrade trick to work. After all they use GPS to locate the most devout during releases and especially at Christmas time.