Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Precondition without App?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I had read a thread on this a while back, but I can't find it.
I was at a remote campsite this weekend but couldn't use the app to pre-heat the car because of no cell service. If I turned on the heater sitting in the car, it would turn off when getting out and closing the door.
Is there a way to pre-condition without the app, and without anyone sitting in any of the seats?

Put it in neutral and apply parking brake manually instead of putting it in park. Tried this the other day parked in the sun at the mall and it was arctic when I came out an hour later! This won't work while charging tho.
Thank you. After reading your reply, I remembered that this was the solution I previously saw.
I was charging from an RV outlet at the time so it sounds like this wouldn't have worked unless I disconnected for about 15 minutes to pre-heat, then plugged back in.

Thank you. After reading your reply, I remembered that this was the solution I previously saw.
I was charging from an RV outlet at the time so it sounds like this wouldn't have worked unless I disconnected for about 15 minutes to pre-heat, then plugged back in.

No prob, just learned about this myself. The only other way I know with no cell service (otherwise use remote s app camping mode) is to put a weight on the seat, or roll down the window, get out, hit the screen to wake it back up, then hit the window up button from outside. That will give you ~30 mins.