Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Predict the cost of repairs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Superficial rear damage - just scrapes.

Then I will go with that it is totaled. (By the time the insurance company takes into account repair cost, diminished value, and rental car cost as the Tesla would likely be in the shop for a long time.) Of course we don't know the model/trim level or mileage so if it was a fairly loaded car it might not get totaled, but it will be close.

When do you think you will have the insurance companies decision?

Should I be rooting for a total here?

That depends if you want to put, and have, some more money to go with the settlement and a get a new car with AP2.0 and all the new bells/whistles.

You could likely have a new car much quicker, likely 1-2 months, or more, than getting your repaired car back.

I personally would absolutely push to have them total it.

I spoke to the shop and they gave a ballpark of around 30k. The value of the car is much more than that so I don't think it will be totaled.

My concern is that I was planning on trading this car in for a 3 when my reservation comes up - should I be concerned about diminished value when I bring it to Tesla for the trade in? If so, what should my next steps be?

Thanks for all your help!

My concern is that I was planning on trading this car in for a 3 when my reservation comes up - should I be concerned about diminished value when I bring it to Tesla for the trade in? If so, what should my next steps be?

That would be something that you need to talk to the insurance company about, because they should cut you a check for the diminished value amount to make you "whole".