Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Predict when your Model 3 will be Delivered

When do you predict your Model 3 will be Delivered?

• Late 2017

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • 2018 - First Half

Votes: 48 42.1%
  • 2018 - Second Half

Votes: 45 39.5%
  • 2019 - First Half

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • 2019 - Second Half

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • 2020 or Later

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm an east coaster non owner. I would like to go for a model with a large battery AWD and auto pilot. My commute is 150 miles a day. Thankfully it is all highway and no traffic. Cruise is on about 75. There are some turns to negotiate in the mountains but the Corolla handles them at speed. I imagine a T would do quite a bit better with the lower center of gravity. I find the auto pilot feature a bit scary, but it sure would be nice to have the care take over.

Anyways, it will come when it comes. I figure in early 18. Tax credit or not, I'm in. Go Elon.

Reactions: wbrumfiel
I'm an east coaster non owner. I would like to go for a model with a large battery AWD and auto pilot. My commute is 150 miles a day.

You might be disappointed. A "200" mile range isnt really 200 in the real world, and cold weather, even Maryland-cold severely impacts the range. Plus, Tesla discourages charging the battery above 90% routinely as that impacts the lifetime of the battery. So, the "200" mile range just became "180" in perfect conditions (mild weather, smooth road, no wind, no elevation change, moderate speeds)

Without charging at work, I don't think a "200" mile car is going to work for you.

You might be disappointed. A "200" mile range isnt really 200 in the real world, and cold weather, even Maryland-cold severely impacts the range. Plus, Tesla discourages charging the battery above 90% routinely as that impacts the lifetime of the battery. So, the "200" mile range just became "180" in perfect conditions (mild weather, smooth road, no wind, no elevation change, moderate speeds)

Without charging at work, I don't think a "200" mile car is going to work for you.
Elon has already gone on record saying that the Model 3 will have 200+ "real world miles", not in perfectly flat and temperate conditions.
And charging to 100% is fine, as long as you drive off quickly. Letting it sit at 100% is bad. Not reaching it.

Resurrecting this thread to give folks another shot at this. Will post here again hopefully around 2018 with my actual delivery date.

Will you be going to the Raleigh store tomorrow morning? I'll see you there! I'll be in my rather loud BRZ.

I'm another east coast non-owner who probably won't be choosing many options, likely keeping purchase price under $45k. I'd really like to see it in 2018.

Thought it would be fun for anyone reserving a Model 3 on the 31st to predict when their car will be delivered. I'm on the East Coast and plan to stick to a ~$50K budget. I don't expect to take delivery at least until the second half of 2018.
I may go higher than that if that's what it takes to get the options I want. I was already mentally prepared for an X but that didn't work out. But even with a car that will be closer to loaded, I don't expect delivery before late 2018. Employees and owners are ahead of me and Tesla hasn't been known for being early (or even on time). So late 2018 it is, and if it's sooner, then Woo Hoo!