Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prediction competition for 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two things:
  1. Larken's original rules said the winner would be the person with the "closest" guess, not "closest without going over."
  2. I'll offer this brand-new Tesla Motors Club hat as a prize, unless Larken wants to offer something more fun:
TMC Hat.jpeg

Last edited:
Two things:
  1. Larken's original rules said the winner would be the person with the "closest" guess, not "closest without going over."
  2. I will award the winner this brand-new Tesla Motors Club hat:
View attachment 67441

That's right Robert, thanks for pointing that out. Closest guess wins, regardless of "going over" or not. Same goes for next years competition.
Also, thanks for offering that baseball cap, I was thinking of something similar today too.

Two things:
  2. I'll offer this brand-new Tesla Motors Club hat as a prize, unless Larken wants to offer something more fun:
View attachment 67441

Nice hat! Since there is an actual prize involved we should definately stick to the original rules then :D Not that it matters much to my prediction since I was way off (while still being close enough to have been possible up until the end of last quarter.)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I am totally going to laugh if you end up winning your own hat, Robert! :D

I made my prediction of 37,500 back in Feb 2014. Here is the original post.
Annual Delivery and revenue predictions for Tesla Motors during the current decade. - Page 2

Include me in the prediction competition, although I am likely wayyy overr.. :( Just want to be in the game, and 2015 prediction.

Ok, you're included since you did make a prediction before the deadline in February, even though it wasn't in the right thread. As for the coming year, you have to go to Prediction Competition for 2015 and cast your vote.

Alright folks, since the full year 2014 results are concluded with 31,655 deliveries, it's time to declare a winner for our 2014 delivery prediction competition. And an amazing winning guess we had by our very own TMC Oracle!

Member bonaire had the closest guess with 31,669, only short of 14 cars! Incredible, I take my hat off! And speaking of hats, the first price will be a TMC hat which Robert.Boston has kindly donated.

Thanks everyone for participating and if anyone wants to join in for the 2015 prediction competition you can go to this thread Prediction Competition for 2015

With spreadsheets blazing and all the vin counting wizardry it took, boy are my arms tired.

I'd like to thank TMC for offering the contest. I want to pay it forward by offering the winning hat to the first person to post a picture with their delivered S85D (maybe breser?). Robert can keep an eye out for that and I think a real Tesla owner should have the TMC hat.

My guess on 1/20/14 was:
31,634 MS
35 MX

So, I kept it under the actual number for MS and really blew it thinking a few signature X would be sold by now.