Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prefer Wired Phone Charging vs Wireless

zhu-

custom title
Oct 24, 2018
NJ
Wireless chargers are less efficient but they're cheap enough now I have one almost everywhere and it's mostly for convenience. If I'm sitting anywhere at my home or office, my phone is sitting on the charger and because of this it rarely gets used below 50%.

I'm also doing a bit of an unscientific experiment seeing what degradation impact this has on the battery. I have an iPhone X and in the first 13 months using wired ~2.5A charging it had 87% capacity before I replaced it. Currently I'm 10 months in on a new battery where it sits on wireless chargers most of the day and it's at 95% capacity.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC